***This position can be based in either McLean, VA or Dallas, TX***
The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.What will I be doing?
Do you have a real passion for social media? Are you known for your top-notch analytical skills? If this sounds like you, then you could be the newest member of the Social Media Center of Excellence (COE) as the Senior Manager, Social Listening and Insights. Reporting directly to the Director, Social Media Technology & Innovation, you will be responsible for developing the enterprise strategy for social listening and analysis, using listening to uncover insights and developing actionable recommendations for how to optimize social media performance for the brands and business. As a key support system for the COE, we will depend on you to be the eyes and ears of the ever-changing social landscape.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with leadership to define the global strategy for social listening, including the deep listening technology required to keep Hilton best in class to support enterprise, brands and properties.
- Define intake process for business teams to request listening support and be the decision maker for taking on listening requests outside of the Social Center of Excellence.
- Build dashboards and define processes required to make listening actionable.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for balancing tool capabilities vs business outcomes.
- Define and develop listening rules and alerts that map to business value.
- Consult for how to best use social listening to reflect brand sentiment, brand health, and overall brand affinity.
- Monitor and apply findings for the ongoing development of global platforms on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Weibo, WeChat, Line and others.
- Partner with the Performance and Insights team to measure the overall performance of social channels, articulating the business' critical metrics and the impact of social media marketing and engagement.
- Research and report on social trends amongst industry and competitors as well as technology and viral social marketing opportunities.
- Provide the COE and business with new ways of thinking about all realms of social media, including content, engagement, data and personalization.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic and creative self-starters, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to take on hard problems. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Real passion for the dynamic, evolving nature of digital and social channels
- Curiosity and interest in innovation and an understanding of key business drivers
- Ability to collaborate and build positive partnerships in a highly matrixed environment
- Interact and present ideas with confidence at all levels
- Ability to actively identify business value opportunities that can be supported by the social center of excellence
- Effective Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- High level of integrity, flexibility, initiative, and dedication
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience working in consumer marketing, advertising and/or consulting
- Proficient understanding of listening technology, including social enterprise management tools (Sprinklr, Spredfast, Social Studio by Salesforce) and deep listening tools (Crimson Hexagon, NetBase, Brandwatch, etc.)
- One to two (1-2) years of experience developing executive analytics dashboards
- Proficiency with deep diving into data, including key business and social metrics
- Up to 20% travel
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree and/or MA/MS/MBA Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Three to five (3-5) years managing a team
- Three to five (3-5) years of digital and social media experience
- Experience launching a social enterprise management tool
- Experience working with social listening command centers
- At ease troubleshooting technical issues within social technology
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!