At Meridian Health Partners, our Scribes work hand in hand with medical providers, accurately documenting the patient-provider encounters and gaining powerful career shaping experiences. The time spent as a Scribe provides a better understanding of all facets of the healthcare industry. Our Scribes extend care team bandwidth by allowing health care teams to work at top the of their skillsets, focusing on patient care. This position will give an individual a better understanding of the roles in medicine prior to medical school, PA school, or other administrative healthcare positions.
We are looking for a part time scribe to cover the Arlington area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Accompany Physician to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physicians encounter with the patient and others present in an electronic medical record (EMR).
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Provide advanced support to providers including, but not limited to, documenting phone calls, alerting the physician with labs/radiology reports are complete, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to use discretion appropriately and maintain confidentiality
- High levels of proficiency with MS Office applications, including, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Punctual, dependable, flexible, and detail oriented
- Patient-centered orientation
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Education / Experience: Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have access to a personal laptop
- Background in medical terminology, shadowing, volunteer experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hands and arms, includes ability to walk through residential care and post-acute environments.
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment
- May visit client locations and vendors,
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low
- Local travel to care facility only
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The company is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants of any age, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status will receive equal consideration for positions. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities and believe that the unique experiences of our team drive our success.
- Flexible Working
- Hardworking And Dedicated