At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customersâ financial needs and to help them achieve their dreams. Weâre looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youâll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.Â We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Eastdil Secured is the foremost provider of financial advisory services to real estate owners. We combine superior capital markets expertise with a deep understanding of real estate fundamentals to execute a wide range of transactions for our clients to produce superior results. Our integrated platform combines conventional real estate advisory and brokerage with the corporate finance and capital markets expertise of an investment bank. This allows Eastdil Secured to create value for clients through unparalleled advisory services, individually-tailored structures, and marketing/placement programs that set the industry standard.
Our team is dedicated to the sale, financing and recapitalization of all major real estate product types including office, retail, and hospitality, industrial and multifamily properties throughout North America and Europe.
We are looking for a Managing Director to join the Hotel group. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
Candidates are capable of managing all aspects of a deal and a deal team with little or no supervision. Will generate new business in the New York market and take full advantage of the firmâs platform. Should have a demonstrated ability to develop close and consistent relationships with clients, source business and dedicate time outside the office for the benefit of clients.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing international transactions, generating new business, financial underwriting, due diligence review, transaction execution, mentoring and managing others and the preparation of presentation materials to prospective clients. This person will function as an integral part of a deal team and must have the ability to effectively interface with senior management and clients.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unitâs risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of commercial real estate experience, brokerage experience, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Eastdil Secured requires each non-administrative exempt staff member (Analyst and above) to be licensed as a real estate broker or hold the FINRA 79 and 63 securities licenses
- Dedication to building a career in the financial services industry with a focus on real estate finance and corporate advisory
- An understanding of the real estate equity and/or debt capital markets
- A proficiency in corporate credit underwriting and an ability to craft corporate credit stories across a wide variety of industries
- Experience underwriting sale-leaseback and similar corporate real estate transactions
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP accounting, including sale-leaseback accounting (FASB Codification 842)
- Credit tenant lease financing experience and/or other structured real estate debt experience
- Advanced knowledge of corporate accounting, tax, EPS, and cash flow implications of various real estate capitalizations for both public and private owners
- Knowledge of real estate finance at the asset level including: asset underwriting, market analysis / metrics, valuation
- Proven ability to take on significant responsibility with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work long hours in a demanding, highly focused, collaborative, and team environment
- Energetic self-starter who is flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, and detail-oriented
- An individual who demonstrates a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Superior verbal and written communications skills to interact effectively with clients at various levels of staff and management
- Bachelorâs degree in Business Finance, or Real Estate
- CPA, MBA or Masterâs degree a plus
DC-Washington: 2000 K Street NW - Washington, DCDisclaimer
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Master Of Business Administration (Mba)