To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Tech Support Associate
Altair • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- Seeking successful candidate with extensive knowledge to perform a wide variety of technical tasks in support of processes, quality control, calibration, laboratories, production/test environment, line maintenance and/or chemical handling.
- Tests, maintains and installs a wide variety of electronic, electromechanical, and mechanical, computer, and/or equipment.
- May assist in the development of procedures. Selects, sets up and operates engineering and scientific equipment.
- Observes, analyzes and reports test data.
- Utilizes various engineering and scientific drawings, manuals and other related documentation in the performance of their tasks.
- May include configuration/data management.
- Checks for work correctness.
- 4 years of experience in electronics industry or equivalent military electronics experience
- Work directly from approved procedures, schematics, and verbal instructions
- Isolate problems between the test environment (test station, interface adapter, test cables, etc.) and the units under test and resolve as necessary
- Select appropriate test equipment and configure it based on test specifications
- Interpret test data (plots, graphs, tabulated parameters, etc.) to determine pass/fail condition and determine when further analysis is needed
- Effectively communicate technical issues by generating comprehensive failure entries which correlate failure modes back to the associated test specification(s)
- Strong understanding of depot based electronic repair work and how that is used
- Well versed in computer architectures and data protocols in order to facilitate networking/interfacing with other test equipment
- Experienced in the use of computers and software applications (both desktop and technical)
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced depot/manufacturing/production test and repair environment
- Must be in good physical condition given that this position requires lifting, walking, and could involve stair/ladder climbing at the test range(s)
- Must be willing to work all shifts
- Troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level and effectively identify failure trends
- Direct experience Defense based systems
- High School Diploma or GED