At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY has built an industry leading corporate real estate (CRE) consulting practice. We work with our clients to address their most complex CRE issues and challenges. We advise our clients on strategic, operational, and analytical matters. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders. In doing so, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients, and for our communities.
Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global EY real estate network that delivers high quality advice through every phase of the real estate lifecycle. You will leverage EY’s global network to support various account teams, service lines, and solutions in order to tackle some of the largest and most complex corporate real estate and workplace challenges facing our clients.
Your key responsibilities
In order to be effective in CRE, you need to be able to make intelligent and informed decisions about people, place, and technology. You will be an important part of our diverse, talented, and highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile real estate engagements in the Federal, State & Local, and Higher Education arenas, to improve public transparency, accountability, and efficiency
As a Senior Manager within SaT CRE Consulting, you will be responsible for engaging directly with prospective Federal, State & Local, and Higher Education clients to understand their needs, diagnose problems, and scope consulting solutions. A Senior Manager should have broad knowledge of EY's core CRE consulting disciplines - from CRE operating model and organizational design, to service delivery and outsourcing analysis, to portfolio, workplace, and occupancy strategy, to CRE IT and digital workplace strategy -- and a passion for solving complex and often ambiguous client challenges.
Senior Managers work directly with clients and EY internal account teams to drive top-line revenue while delivering consulting projects. Senior Managers also collaborate with peers and leaders across service lines and regions to coordinate business development efforts and pursuits.
Skills and attributes for success
- Engage with current and prospective clients to diagnose their corporate real estate challenges and identify how EY's suite of services, tools, and technologies can best support their needs
- Develop tailored scopes of work for CRE management consulting assignments
- Articulate the services and value propositions of all EY consulting capabilities
- Communicate EY's point of view on relevant and current CRE topics and trends
- Assemble and lead multi-disciplinary pursuits and project delivery teams, and lead the creation of proposals, presentations and other client-facing materials and deliverables
- Provide quality assurance relative to proposals, project deliverables, and marketing collateral
- Lead and/or participate in pricing and contract negotiations
- Complete lessons learned debriefs to identify critical success factors in pursuits and projects; leverage data to consistently strengthen and improve pursuit strategies
- Ensure that end-to-end delivery of consulting services achieve the stated client objectives
- Interact at all levels of the client organization
- Demonstrate proven success in advising Federal, State & Local, and Higher Education clients on real estate, facilities, and workplace matters
- Create a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
- Client-service oriented work ethic, driven by a desire to act
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building capabilities
- Outstanding listening, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional ability to present and articulate ideas through storytelling
- Passion for strategic and creative problem solving
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to foster and refresh ongoing client relationships
- Comfort working across multi-disciplinary, collaborative, and distributed teams
- Desire to assemble cross-functional pursuit teams
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Previous experience with leading teams in a client service capacity
To qualify for the role you must have
- Relevant experience in Federal, State & Local, or Higher Education real estate or related disciplines and / or providing management consulting services in these areas
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- A bachelor's or master’s degree in real estate, finance or business; graduate degree preferred
- Ability to secure a Top-Secret security clearance
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and experience in the core corporate real estate consulting disciplines of operating model design, organizational design, and service delivery, as well as portfolio, workplace, occupancy, location, sustainability, technology, and digital workplace strategy
- Ability to support clients with the development of requirements for real estate that align with long-term department, agency, or higher education entity vision, strategies, and plans; including the ability to:
- Develop budget forecasts, space utilization analysis, real estate & facility management strategies, workplace strategies, and cost saving initiatives
- Assess building condition and utilization to further identify opportunities to streamline real estate portfolios
- Analyze inputs from a client's strategic planning process plans (agency requirements, costs, facility information, cap-ex requirements, forecasts, occupancy data, lease and market data)
- Integrate other overarching strategies related to workplace, sustainability, labor and finance to govern the portfolio and set a foundation for master plans and individual asset strategies
- Optimize clients' internal and external real estate organizational structure with regards to insourcing vs. outsourcing facilities management/transaction management/space and occupancy planning/lease administration support, contract terms, and vendor selection
- Oversee execution of real estate portfolio plans (may include real estate broker or shared services provider oversight and coordination)
- Experience supporting program and project management activities, such as resource planning, schedule development, engagement pricing, and budget management
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- High proficiency with the MS Office Suite of Products
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous corporate real estate experience with a consulting firm, real estate services firm, government agency, or higher education entity
- Professional accreditation in real estate, design, engineering, construction, project management and process improvements, such as PE, PMP, CCIM, QCPR, MCR, SLCR, CPM and Lean Six Sigma
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for real estate and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Strategy and Transactions- Corporate Real Estate- Government Public Sector-Senior Manager (DC).
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development