To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60607
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Ultrasound Tech II - registry
Advocate Aurora Health • Chicago, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Advocate Trinity Hospital has a rich and robust history, having served the health care needs of the communities, individuals and families in the southeast side of Chicago for more than 110 years, beginning in 1895 as South Chicago Hospital. In 1995, Trinity Hospital, part of the Evangelical Health Systems (EHS) merged with Lutheran General Health System to become the present day Advocate Trinity Hospital which is a 193 licensed-bed facility with approximately 300 physicians representing 50 specialties. This includes advanced heart attack care, expanded Cardiovascular Services, primary stroke care center, oncology/infusion center, Level II special care nursery and an array of surgical specialties not found in most community hospitals. Trinity earned Joint Commission accreditation, received HealthGrades® recognition with five star ratings for pulmonary and stroke care; also highest rating for total hip replacement surgery and was awarded the Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMDSM) Circle of Distinction Award. Trinity's nearly 1,000 employees, make the hospital one of the area's largest employers.
$1,000.00 It’s More Than a Job, it’s a calling
ULTRASOUND TECH II – DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING/RADIOLOGY - $1500 SIGN ON BONUS
- Advocate Trinity Hospital, Chicago
- Rotating all shifts
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
To independently perform quality sonograms that demonstrate the anatomy and physiological presentation of patient's internal structures for the diagnosis of the presence or absence of anomalies, vascular imaging, neonatal heads / spines, orbits and assistance with all specialized procedures i.e. biopsies and aspirations. Able to act in a lead capacity often acts as a resource for the ultrasound trainee and the ultrasound tech I ‘s. To assist radiologists and physicians in the performance of procedures and in the operation of sonography equipment required to enable appropriate diagnosis. To function as a liaison for patients, patient's families, nursing units and physicians.
- Customer Satisfaction
- People Growth
- Organizational Climate
- ARDMS Registered
- 1-2 years' experience
- Graduate of an approved School of sonography or on the job training with 1-2 years' experience as a staff sonographer
- CPR certified
- This position needs to recognize the needs and behaviors of a variety of age groups prior experience with various age groups preferred
- May be exposed to life threatening diseases
- Ability to adjust hours with minimal notice as required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to view small CRT screens
- Ability to work odd hours
- Ability to respond to emergency call
- Ability to lift and/or move patients
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts any day of the week
- Ability to stand, bend and /or stoop for extended periods of time
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE – RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS! #AdvocateAurora
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.