Vice President Data Science
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President of Data Science is a thought leader and partner to senior leaders across Company in our mission to become an innovative data-driven organization. The V.P. will be responsible for the development and ongoing operation of tools, technologies, and technical solutions employing cutting edge data science, advanced analytics, machine learning, pattern detection & recognition and other algorithms to develop new ideas and drive key strategic decisions. In addition to leading a world-class team, you will debate and influence business and technical strategies. The successful candidate will have a passion for data, technology, stochastic processes driving change, spreading data science knowledge, and creating an interesting and challenging environment.
- Lead a data driven science team to solve challenging data problems and drive business strategy; Develop analytical frameworks, models, roadmaps, and metrics for the team and broader organization
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer useful insight both internally & externally to Company customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, and marketing to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps.
- Engage with Company’s executive team to set business strategy, represent product data science, initiate and debate key strategic topics
- Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout Company; Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- 12+ years’ experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, machine learning
- 5+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science teams
- MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, Compute Science or a related field
- Solid background and understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques
- Fluency/programming experience with one or more of: C, MATLAB, Python, Spark, R, SAS, etc.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development
- Superior communication and relationship management skills to collaborate and partner with senior decision makers
- MS or PhD degree in data science related field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics).
- 10+ years’ hands on experience in data science or machine learning
- 5+ years managing data science team(s)
- Demonstrable programming experience with Python, and/or other quantitative software.
- Agile experience
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrable results in improving efficiencies through Data Science and pattern recognition
- Office Environment
- Up to 20% travel
Coaching And Mentoring