7240 - Dayton - 3555 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, West Carrollton, Ohio, 45449
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Peer leader to Business Office Associates, responsible for processing and auditing paperwork associated with sales, leading self and others through daily business requirements, cash management, and providing exceptional customer service.What you will do:
- Mentors Business Office Associates, assisting them with development and training
- Assists store personnel and all store departments in their daily functions while adhering to CarMax guidelines
- Participates in the rotation of the “Manager on Duty” role – responsible for delegating and directing the business office work flow, answering questions related to transactions, handling customer issues/concerns and following up on delegated business office work tasks
- Delegates and follows up on various Business Office tasks
- Provides customer service by listening, answering customer questions and explaining paperwork process
- Processes paperwork associated with retail automobile sales including printing daily reports, maintaining deal jackets, contacting finance companies regarding contracts, obtaining required information regarding registration and titling, and auditing completed paperwork
- Processes paperwork associated with an appraisal lane purchase including title collection calls and follow up, obtaining proper paperwork and signatures from customers and sending appropriate documentation to Corporate for funding of drafts
- Manages cash including receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security
- Processes paperwork affiliated with the state DMV. This includes submitting paperwork necessary to title and register a vehicle for a customer after the sale
- Clerical responsibilities including copying, filing and answering phones
- May assist in hiring process by attending job fairs and performing interviews in partnership with a manager
Work requires ability to:
- Create and maintain a positive work environment
- Perform supervisory tasks (preferred experience: 3 years of customer facing work; 1 year of supervisory work)
- Delegate effectively
- Follow up
- Make decisions using independent and sound judgment
- Resolve customer and associate issues
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Understand numeric filing system
- Use word processing, spreadsheet and other programs, displaying intermediate PC skills
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-pace work environment, leading self and others through prioritization of changing daily business needs.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 15-20 lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with internal and external customers in person and over the phone
- Complete CarMax provided training on the functional areas of the Business Office, allowing for cross-training and full coverage of Business Office
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone Phone number blocked - click to apply ext. 3888 or email Email blocked - click to apply.