The Assignment: Job #42079
CareStaff Partners is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) for a critical travel or local contract position with a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) in North Cape May, NJ.
Specialty: Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
- Pay: $44-46 Gross Hourly Blended Rate
Setting: Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF)
Patient Population: Adult and Geriatric (19-65+)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 35
Contract Length: 13 Weeks
Licensure/Certification Required: New Jersey Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) License and ASHA Certification (CCC's)
Experience Required/Preferred: Prior Long Term Care Experience Preferred
Job Duties and Role Responsibilities:
- Work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.
- Speech disorders occur when a person has difficulty producing speech sounds correctly or fluently (e.g., stuttering is a form of disfluency) or has problems with his or her voice or resonance.
- Language disorders occur when a person has trouble understanding others (receptive language), or sharing thoughts, ideas, and feelings (expressive language). Language disorders may be spoken or written and may involve the form (phonology, morphology, syntax), content (semantics), and/or use (pragmatics) of language in functional and socially appropriate ways.
- Social communication disorders occur when a person has trouble with the social use of verbal and nonverbal communication. These disorders may include problems (a) communicating for social purposes (e.g., greeting, commenting, asking questions), (b) talking in different ways to suit the listener and setting, and (c) following rules for conversation and story-telling. All individuals with autism spectrum disorder have social communication problems. Social communication disorders are also found individuals with other conditions, such as traumatic brain injury.
- Cognitive-communication disorders include problems organizing thoughts, paying attention, remembering, planning, and/or problem-solving. These disorders usually happen as a result of a stroke, traumatic brain injury, or dementia, although they can be congenital.
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia) are feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may follow an illness, surgery, stroke, or injury.
The CareStaff Partners Difference:
- Join a Family Oriented Team that is Passionate about the mutual goal of finding the right local or travel contract position for You and Your Family!
Seamless Communication and Ongoing Support from your:
- Compliance Specialist
- Payroll Professional
- Human Resources Representative
- Recruiters with Extensive Staffing Industry Knowledge
- Proven Track Record of Recruiting Excellence in Healthcare
Proud to Offer SAME DAY Medical Insurance - Multiple Coverage Plans to choose from, because there is no one size fits all solution when it comes to your well-being
- Dental and Vision
Supplemental Options Including, but not limited to - Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability
- Industry Competitive Pay Packages
- Tax-free allowances available on travel contracts
- Round Trip Travel Pay to and from Assignment
- Guaranteed Hours on most Contracts
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Discounted CEU Access
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Competitive and Timely Paid Referral Bonuses
Traumatic Brain Injury
Speech Language Pathology
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 42079
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.