Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
As a Data Center Technician, you will be maintaining the integrity of our data center facilities by following specific methods of procedures, policies and standards. The Data Center Technician is essential for maintaining accurate and up to date records of project status and providing detailed descriptions of issues if encountered. You’ll have the opportunity to work with others to complete the installation and/or decommission of cabling and/or equipment from server room environments. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 10PM – 8AM CST.
As a Data Center Technician you must be able to:
- Lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Work within confined spaces and while standing/kneeling/sitting for extended periods
- Travel up to 25% locally
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous hands-on data center server environment exposure to installations and/or decommissions.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and web-based SharePoint application
- Ability to work the following schedule: Monday – Thursday: 10PM – 8AM CST.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Registered Unlicensed or PLT status with state of MN (low voltage)
- 1+ years experience performing cable installation and decommission activities within a data center/server room environment
- 1+ years experience performing device installation and decommission activities within a data center/server room environment
- 1+ years experience performing data center/server room environment auditing activities
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Data Center Technician - Chaska, MN.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Center, Data Center Technician, UnitedHealth, Optum, Chaska, Minnesota, MN, #RPO, hiring immediately