To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingsport, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Director - US Operations
Leclerc Foods Tennessee LLC • Kingsport, TN
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations, the Senior Director-US Operations is responsible for ensuring the development and competitiveness of manufacturing operations in terms of cost, production, safety and quality standards and work environment offered. He/she actively participates in the strategic planning of the company and is an change agent within it. He/she is responsible for setting up and maintaining, with the highest possible levels of rigor, world-class production processes, methods and processes and management methods. He/she collaborates with the other departments of the company to ensure the optimal integration of their services to manufacturing operations
- Participate in the development of the organization's global strategies by integrating the operational reality;
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of improvement processes aimed at increasing the efficiency of manufacturing operations;
- Remain on the lookout for best practices in the market and measure the monitoring of operational performance against available market indicators;
- Develop, plan, execute and control the actions necessary to achieve the objectives under his/her responsibility;
- Participate as a member of the Management Committee;
- Structuring the operations of his/her sector to ensure the efficiency and performance of the resources invested;
- Plan, direct and support operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of managers;
- Lead, advise and support teams dedicated to major investment and improvement projects;
- Identify best practices in continuous improvement throughout the organization and ensure their implementation;
- Collaborate on the development, implementation, monitoring and compliance of standardized operating and sanitary procedures and Key Performance Indicators;
- Optimize the efficiency, productivity and performance of the equipment in order to achieve the objectives;
- Follow the work of his/her team to ensure rigorous compliance with the expected safety, operating and quality standards;
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of the health and safety plan and compliance with the rules.
- Participate in audits
Human resources and material management
- Act as a leader in implementing a culture of continuous improvement and positively impact change management;
- Coach the management team to be a positive source of influence leading their teams by example;
- Develop a succession plan to guide and develop employees and provide active leadership within his department;
- Bachelors in engineering (industrial, mechanical or electrical) or management of production operations or any other combination of education and experience may be considered
- At least five (5) years in a senior director role;
- Demonstrated experience in multisite management;
- Significant experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in the agri-food sector or other high-volume, high-speed production sector;
- Have a recognized certification (eg Black-belt or other) or equivalent experience in knowledge, implementation, management and application of the principles of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate leadership by engaging people, showing courage in their decisions and inspiring confidence;
- Superior analytical and synthesis skills;
- Organizational, planning and priority management capacity;
- Ability for interpersonal relationships, communication, persuasion and negotiation skills;
- Results oriented at all times;
- Problem solving skills and rapid and informed decision-making;
- Ability to lead several projects at once and supervise work teams;
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally upwards of 30% of the time
- Work in the United States without company sponsorship
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.