You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Security Officer - Armed
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
*SIGN ON BONUS*
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Department of Defense (DoD) Cleared Security Officer.
An Allied Universal Professional Security Officer assigned to this specific job position will be responsible for the protection of and access to highly classified and sensitive equipment, technology and information. Protection of this equipment is extremely regulated in a controlled environment and only highly qualified Professional Security Officers are charged with this critical responsibility. Rigorous adherence and understanding of security protocols is mandatory, as is a US Government security clearance. The Allied Universal Professional Security Officer candidates for this position will undergo an extensive vetting process by Allied Universal, the client and the US Government (DoD). This mandatory process is lengthy and thorough.
Allied Universal Professional Security Officers perform many tasks including preserving order and enforcing regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Officers may be required to patrol or respond to calls for service on the facility by foot, bicycle, or vehicle. Other duties required of a professional security officer include working at an entry control point to a facility and answering phones, greeting guests and assisting employees.
Essential Tasks (list not all inclusive):
- Protect persons, assets and information
- Respond to and assess security alarms or emergency alarms, emergency situations, medical aid, fires, oxygen deficiency alarms, first responder; secure classified information, escort visitors and contractors, secure ingress and egress situations
- Ensure the highest quality security services in the protection of personnel, property and information with professionalism; fulfill duties politely, without fear or favor
- Preserve order and enforce rules, regulations and directives for the viability of the site and the safety of personnel, equipment and sensitive information
- Greet guests and employees in a cheerful and welcoming manner
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees
- Patrol the facility, internal and external
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, both through written and verbal means
- Know site-specific operations performance manuals and post orders
- Open/close, lock/unlock sensitive rooms and areas
- Conduct personal sweeps in closed areas; monitor prohibited items in certain areas
- Conduct “person lookups” for rights and permissions to specific areas and rooms
- Correspond and interact with corporate security personnel regarding orders and execution
- Minimum of 3-5 years high-level security experience on DOD site or similar in military
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree or higher (preferred)
- Ability to write clear concise incident reports
- Understand proper radio protocol
- Possess a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Be articulate and able to explain a situation coherently
- Be a leader and self-starter
- Have experience managing or leading a team of individuals
- Understand accountability and lead by example
- Be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) position appropriate level security clearance
Basic requirements for the US Government clearance are as follows: The US Government adjudicators consider the totality of the investigation when issuing a clearance. If you have any questions regarding these requirements, you may request consultation with the Allied Universal Services Compliance Manager/Facility Security Officer.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicant cannot hold citizenship in any country is addition to the US
- Applicant cannot have any foreign property, business connections or foreign financial interests
- Applicant’s immediate family must be US citizens; This includes spouse, parents, step parents, brothers, sisters, step brother, step sister, in laws and non-family cohabitants; If the applicant is unmarried, applicant cannot be cohabitating with a non-US citizen
- Applicant must have very good credit, including no debt that is in default or not paid as agreed, and no bankruptcy filed in last 5 years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been arrested, investigated, detained, or charged with any criminal offense, including under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever pled guilty or pled no contest to any charge (felony, misdemeanor, military code or traffic offense
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has been a part of any civil court proceedings within the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever had any disciplinary or counseling action related to their use of alcohol
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER used, purchased or sold any illegal drugs
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has consulted with a medical professional about a mental health condition other than marital, family, PTSD or grief counseling
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever defaulted on a loan, declared bankruptcy or had personal property repossessed in the last ten (10) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has had ANY debt placed in collections in the last seven (7) years
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has EVER had a tax lien or wage garnishment
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he is currently delinquent on any taxes (federal, state or local)
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has ever been late or are currently delinquent on any child support payments
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if s/he has deliberately misused an automated/computer information system
- Applicant must be willing to disclose if, in the last ten (10) years, s/he had any of the following situations occur:
- Fired from a job
- Quit a job after being told they would be fired
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of misconduct
- Left a job by mutual agreement following allegations of unsatisfactory performance
- Left a job for other reasons under unfavorable circumstances
- (NOTE: The government reserves the right to require an individual to take a polygraph at any time once the individual has been approved for a security clearance)
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Officer - Armed
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Officer - Armed.
- Certified First Responder
- Classified Information
- Greet Guests
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: i5ZJkOb
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.