Job ID: 154094
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for a Class B CDL Driver for our Middleburg Heights, OH manufacturing facility. You will have the opportunity to make deliveries to customers as well as work in metal fabrication and/or shipping departments. This position involves transporting metal and/or glass products to local and out of state customers with company assigned vehicles. The individual is to follow safety instructions and training while working and regularly participates in departmental and company safety programs. The individual is to demonstrate the willingness to cooperate, work, and effectively communicate with others to improve efficiency within the business as well as participate in continuous improvement teams. The individual is also to produce accurate, thorough and neat work. This position may have daily or weekend overtime as dictated by the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling and loading/unloading glass and/or metal products and load securement. Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products
- Daily pre and post trip inspection of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service
- Move metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates
- Transport materials from one position/location to another in an effort to expedite the production process
- Read and attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Quality inspection, operating equipment, and/or manually maneuvering equipment
- Understand layout of the facility to ensure proper product flow
- Inspect product for any abnormalities and notifying supervisor immediately of any issues
- Utilize a tape measure to ensure product is within the product specifications
- Maintain a safe and clean work area
- Read and fabricate from hardware templates
- Read written instructions and take verbal instructions
- Perform different job functions on a rotating basis.
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- At least 21 years old
- Possess a valid Class A or B CDL issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- At least 2 years of verifiable, incident free class A or B driving experience
- Acceptable motor vehicle record as dictated by the company standards document
- Good customer relations skills
- Ability to handle varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Satisfy all federal, state, and local government requirements
- Follow all safety policies & procedures as a prerequisite for employment
- Able to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos
- Punctual and excellent attendance. Be available for overtime and emergency work
- Must be able to do standard saw operation as well as standard operation of specific equipment used in the department
- Previous production or warehouse experience, required
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively read a tape measure to 1/32”
- Ability to use a hand pallet and/or motorized pallet jack
- Must be able to work with hand tools
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours (or more) on your feet
- Ability to twist, turn, squat, climb, lift, push, and pull throughout the shift
- Must have the ability to lift doors that weigh up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Continuous Improvement Process