About the Company:
Veolia ES Technical Solutions, LLC is a global operation that provides for the collection, chemical analysis, transportation, disposal, and process treatment of hazardous and non-hazardous waste. The 125 employees in the Veolia North America Mountain Branch are based in Henderson, CO with satellite offices in Washington, Utah, and Arizona Staff Accountant
Mon - Fri
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Tuition Reimbursement, Pet Insurance
1. Develop and prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements and analyzes for completeness and accuracy to reflect the financial condition of the company and/or facility location.
2. Review cost analysis on a variety of complex on-going projects and recommend a course of action to be taken to immediate supervisor.
3. Prepare annual budgets by gathering pertinent information and rolling up data to verify allocation of cash balances, earnings, income, etc.
4. Prepare and ensure accuracy of tax returns and related accounting functions prior to submission to immediate supervisor and/ or governmental agencies.
5. Maintain location general ledgers and related records in accordance with standard accounting practices and VES-TS policies and procedures.
6. Gather and provide financial information at monthly and/or quarterly staff meetings to ascertain actual year-to-date revenues as it relates to target goals.
7. Examine and verify the accuracy of a variety of accounting computations regarding compliance issues with standards, regulations, laws, etc.
8. Assist lower level accounting personnel regarding training, handling of specific accounts, resolving problem issues, reviewing reports, etc.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Supervise 2 Accounts Payable team members. Qualifications
● BS in Accounting or related discipline required
● Prior work experience of 5-7 years in the hazardous waste
industry or related work
● Extensive technical knowledge of accounting standards and
● Proficiency in Excel
● Strong team player
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Time management: the ability to organize and manage
● Ability to create & prepare reports as necessary
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Financial Statements
- Ledgers (Accounting)
- Accounts Payable
- Tax Return