To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Crosse, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LHI Claims Resolution Specialist II - La Crosse, WI (Job Fair)
UnitedHealth Group • La Crosse, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Join Us at Our Virtual Career Fair
Thursday, May 30, 2019 from 11:00am to 1:00pm
Connect from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to chat with recruiters and learn more about our exciting career opportunities! Register here for the event
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, tele - health assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The LHI - Claims Resolution Specialist will assess and coordinate claims inquiries for a very diverse population of members of the World Trade Center (WTC) Health Program Nationwide Provider Network throughout the United States. Educate and inform members of program coverage and limitations for claims within contract requirements. Use critical thinking, research and problem - solving skills to navigate through the complexities of a member's health certification and their respective medical claims while maintaining coverage within the program guidelines.
- Maintain an ongoing responsibility for assigned claims inquiries which entails assessment, education and coordination for members / health care providers throughout the United States via telephone while keeping a detailed record within the internal database. Establish and maintain positive relationships with members, providers and our claims contractors.
- Manage inbound and outbound calls from providers and members to resolve claims issues.
- Request and manage medical records to help determine potential program coverage and communicate results to the members.
- Completion of system generated tasks, including documenting all results as required.
- Prepare comprehensive reviews and summaries for claims appeals.
- Point of contact for internal departments to answer questions relative to member claims.
- Work with the leadership team to resolve issues as needed.
- Able to handle emotionally charged phone calls and ability to deliver unfavorable claims outcomes.
- Ability to communicate complex program criteria into easily understood summaries in both oral & written communication.
- Validation of claim coverage in relation to program guidelines.
- Compete activities and reporting as required by the fraud, waste and abuse plan.
- Monitor progress of Accounts Receivable targets and plans within contract KPI’s
- Performs periodic and month - end balancing and reporting activities
- Perform research / verification of identified claims to identify payment / overpayment issues / accuracy
- Work with payers / providers to review claim information and identify issues related to payment accuracy
- Document and communicate outcomes of claims investigations / overpayment reviews to applicable stakeholders
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 3+ years of medical claims processing experience
- Must be willing to work in the La Crosse, WI office (328 Front Street, Riverside Center Bldg, La Crosse, Wisconsin 5460)
- Experience and knowledge of Claims, Medicare / Medicaid guidelines
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word (create, edit, save), Excel (create, edit, save), and Outlook (send & receive emails)
- Able to handle emotionally charged phone calls and ability to deliver unfavorable claims outcome.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong organization, planning, interpersonal and multi - tasking skills
- Must be a self - starter and comfortable with confidential information
- Attention to detail, strong problem - solving and time - management skills
- Ability to work in a fast - paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changing situations, and a strong commitment to teamwork
- Proven skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with internal departments, staff and external vendors
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to identify and define problems; collect data; establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, claims processing, Medicare, Medicaid, La Crosse, WI