GLOBAL Journey - ReEntry, Equipment Engineer
We are changing the industry that is changing the world
At GlobalFoundries® Inc. (GF®), we innovate and partner with our customers to deliver process technology solutions for all humanity. We manufacture semiconductors around the globe.
GF is one of the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers. GF is redefining innovation and semiconductor manufacturing by developing and delivering feature-rich process technology solutions that provide leadership performance in pervasive high growth markets. GF offers a unique mix of design, development and fabrication services. With a talented and diverse workforce and an at-scale manufacturing footprint spanning the U.S., Europe and Asia, GF is a trusted technology source to its worldwide customers. For more information, visit www.gf.com
GlobalFoundries® Inc. (GF®) understands that life takes you on different journeys and we invite you to make us your next step. If you had a voluntary career break and are ready to come back, the Global Journey Re-Entry Program is for you!
The Global Journey Re-Entry Program is a minimum of a 6-month program, which allows you to transition back to the workplace with the potential to convert to a full-time role at the end of the program and gain new skills while maintaining a work-life balance.
You will have a network of support including a comprehensive on-boarding experience, training, access to mentors, peer support, networking opportunities to help you ramp and build your skillset.
GF knows the best ideas come from being inclusive, and our success depends on empowering employees to bring their whole person — with all their unique talents and distinctive qualities — to our company. Our Global Journey Re-entry Program marks the next milestone of inclusivity at GF.
- Voluntary Career Break of 2 or more Years
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience Prior to Break in Career
- Program Term\: Minimum of 6 Months
Summary of Role\:
This role is intended for our Malta site Fab 8, a 300mm leading edge semiconductor manufacturing facility. As an Equipment engineer, you are responsible for monitoring, sustaining, and improving the equipment performance in the assigned area, while working in partnership with production team members and area engineers. The primary responsibilities of a semiconductor equipment engineer are to holistically manage all elements associated with Equipment ownership including\:
- developing maintenance specifications and training plans aligned with manufacturing, process and safety requirements
- sustaining and improving equipment key indicators
- managing new equipment ramp from Capital fund request to qualification and production, managing equipment cost of ownership.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and exhibit a high-level of interest in understanding and solving complex technical problems. Equipment engineers require good interpersonal skills and must work well in a cross-functional team environment to be impactful.
Essential Responsibilities Include\:
- Establish equipment specifications and procedures based on manufacturing, process, safety, and equipment requirements using established manufacturing practices
- Enhance operating procedures, support and engage in training activities and skills development
- Sustain the manufacturing production line, lead equipment troubleshooting, and work with maintenance technician and process teams on equipment, process performance improvements.
- Read and interpret tool schematics (electrical, PIDs, utilities diagrams, etc.)
- Justify capital investments (create competition to drive for the best outcome for GF)
- Manage equipment build projects such as working with vendors and facilities installation teams; equipment installation, debug, testing, factory integration, and setup
- Engage with equipment suppliers for tactical maintenance resolution and strategic improvements
- Improve manufacturing cost of ownership
- Engage in knowledge exchange on best known methods and improvement levers with other areas and sister Fabs
- Continuous improvement and data driven mindset, identifying equipment performance opportunities, eliminating waste and errors in business process
- Work independently and collaboratively with cross functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Structured problem solving, good time management, communication and interpersonal skills
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education/Experience\: B.S. degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or other related engineering physical science discipline
- Years of Experience\: 0-2 years of relevant experience\:
- Mechanical - automotive repair, BOCES, HVAC, CMS, aviation, military
- Or/and Electrical - electrician, cable installation, computer routing, telecommunication, aviation, military
- Travel Requirements\: Minimal travel
- Language Fluency\: English (Written & Verbal)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office tools
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment wearing required gowning per Fab protocol
- Able to lift equipment and tools when performing maintenance activities (above 50lbs requires a two-person lift)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to GLOBAL Journey - ReEntry, Equipment Engineer and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
- Chemical Engineering