Description Job Description:
The Leidos National Airspace System (NAS) Implementation Support Contract (NISC), supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Spectrum Engineering Office, currently has an opening for a Radio Frequency Telecommunications Specialist in Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the FAA Spectrum Engineering mission to provide every pilot and air traffic controller interference-free communications, navigation, and surveillance services. This position will analyze, coordinate, and document government agency requests to conduct C-UAS testing and operational use within the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Conducts operational characterizations of the C-UAS/testing missions to determine the geographic scope of the operations within the NAS, by referencing aeronautical charts.
- Identify radio frequency technical parameters in the requests necessary to conduct a compatibility/de-confliction analysis.
- Conduct radio frequency compatibility/de-confliction analysis using FAA software tools and databases to identify potentially affected FAA ATC frequencies and radio systems/receivers.
- Draft memorandums (by use of templates) to document, notify and coordinate the mission/testing request within FAA and other agencies as necessary.
- Apply spectrum-use policy to determine proper and efficient use of radio frequency spectrum allocations.
- Develop and maintain a Continuity and Training Guide for the C-UAS analysis and coordination process.
- May occasionally prepare briefings, papers, or other administrative duties as necessary.
- May require travel to support FAA participation in Spectrum Management conferences and/or meetings.
- Additional duties include Assistant Classified Information Security Manager (ACISM) tasks, such as inventories, inspections, audits, maintaining the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and conducting training, as necessary.
- Ability to perform Free-Space Path Loss (FSPL) calculations, Link Budgets, dBW/dBm/Watt conversions.
- Associates degree and 7-10 years of prior relevant experience in Radio Frequency (RF) Spectrum Management; BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience; Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, 4 additional years of experience are required. Graduates of a Spectrum Management course of study or military classification/specialty codes, AFSC 3D1X4, MOS 25E, NEC 2301/2302 may be accepted in lieu of Associates degree.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be a US citizen with current security clearance or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance within the first year.
External Referral Bonus:
- Telecommunications background with knowledge of frequency management practices, including engineering, assignment and protection of radio frequencies.
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare/Electronic Attack (EA), C-UAS equipment and operations.
- Civil and/or military aviation expertise.
- Experience with aeronautical maps and chart plotting and military special use airspace.
- Radio Frequency modeling and simulation and database engineering tools, such as Spectrum XXI Management Database or the FAA’s Automated Frequency Management system.
- Spectrum analyzer experience.
- Knowledge of roles and responsibilities of spectrum management within the National Airspace System.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Telecommunications Specialist – Radio Frequency Spectrum Management – Counter - UAS.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Telecommunications Specialist – Radio Frequency Spectrum Management – Counter - UAS.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Telecommunications Specialist – Radio Frequency Spectrum Management – Counter - UAS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.