Interested in making a difference in young adults' lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone's life.You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Health and Wellness Clerk is responsible for performing a wide range of clerical and other health services tasks.
* Types medical records and correspondence, patient charts, health services reports and letters, and other technical materials as necessary
* Enters data using a personal computer when necessary
* Screens and routes mail according to content
* Prepares medical files/charts for all new students.
* Maintains order of students within the wellness center
* Answers telephones, schedules both on center and off center appointments, distributes medical appointment cards and other miscellaneous clerical duties to include but not limited to filing and mail pick up and delivery,
* Provides customer service to staff and students entering the Wellness Center
* Maintains confidentiality of all student records.
* Maintains outside insurance for eligible students including Maine Care and other third party insurance companies. This includes but is not limited to applications, maintaining financial folders and documenting insurance information into Center Information System (CIS)
* Completes referrals to off center providers
* Follows through on student requests for medical information,
* Keeps accurate logs to be sent to the Regional/National/Corporate Offices as needed.
* Assists in educating students about Health Services
* Assists in ordering and restocking medical, clerical and other supplies as needed
* Coordinates with the Student Records Department to ensure that all departmental paperwork for passes and leaves is submitted in a timely manner
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Two years experience in medical office environment with experience in medical terminologu and billing.
Preferred: Training in a medical clerical field. Experience in a medical or health care environment.
Knowledge Required: Ability to type accurately at a moderate speed. Sound business telephone techniques. Ability to spell and to use grammar correctly. Computer literate; ability to operate word processing applications, Excel and/or Lotus 1-2-3. Familiar with medical terminology. Ability to effectively relate to students.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at
to request a reasonable accommodation.
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service