Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare has an exciting opportunity to join the Epic National team as an Epic Program Director. This is a high impact role that provide an opportunity to leverage a full spectrum of knowledge and skills for one of the largest Epic EMR implementations on the planet (projected to impact over 94 million lives annually).
This role will interact with executive leaders, physicians, team members and directly contribute to the clinical transformation of multiple Care Delivery Organizations (CDOs) serving over 53,000 physicians working to help people live healthier lives.
The Epic Program Director will be a critical team member and leader who will manage a team, develop key strategies, playbooks, and leverage their depth of Epic expertise to drive clinical transformation for a fortune 5 ranked global company.
If you are looking for a very large, multi-implementation challenge, taking your leadership and implementation skills to the next level, this position is for you.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Understand the needs of Epic/EMR management, and translate them into a successful managed service approach across individual clients, and the business as a whole
- Deliver insight into Epic implementation and optimization best practices for client organizations
- Ability to prepare and guide client sites through processes, challenges and cultural changes needed as part of the transformational change of implementing an EMR
- Perform in-depth analysis on an organization structure, staffing levels, performance measurements, optimization/implementation road mapping, and value to operations and clinicians
- Overall project management across high-complexity, multi-workstream engagements
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client’s ability to successfully implement the identified solutions
- Oversees and develops collaborative relationships amongst project team members working on multiple project workstreams & platforms (Epic and non-Epic) with responsibility to, coordinate, and harmonize the overall approach
- Proven expertise with EMR (Epic) implementation, project management, and clinical transformation efforts
- Day-to-day contact with client executives and establishes optimal communication cadence with C-Suite executives
- Partner with other managers, directors, leaders to ensure communication and deliverables are coordinated
- Monitor’s budget and timelines of project(s)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of extensive Epic implementation experience and proven ability guiding clients through end-to-end implementation processes (Project/Program Management, Leadership, or Consulting)
- 5+ years of supervisory experience leading and motivating cross-functional teams as a direct manager, a project manager, or executive leader
- Proven experience developing implementation processes, playbooks, and associated artifacts within a program to reduce implementation efforts
- Epic certification in Ambulatory or other modules
- PMP or PGMP certification
- Epic employee or extensive Epic implementation consulting experience with large scale entities
- Ground up experience establishing an Epic implementation program
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-implementation fast paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EPIC Program Director, EPIC, Epic implementation, project management, budgeting, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote