To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Eaton, OH 45320
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machine Operator / CNC Operator
TIMKENSTEEL • Eaton, OH
Posted 8 hours ago
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel.
At our St. Clair plant in Eaton, Ohio, we're at the leading edge of technology for the automotive and industrial markets. Our focus is on creating products that go into the cars we drive every day, including value-added, precision steel components for transmissions, engines and steering systems. And our process lines demonstrate how lean thinking optimizes value to the customer and to TimkenSteel.
How do you make the cleanest steel and best value-added components in the industry for more than 100 years? With an amazing team of people who share a strong set of core values, people who are passionate about leading and pushing the bounds of what's possible, and people who like to make a difference along the way. That's the TimkenSteel experience.
The purpose of this position is to learn processes, procedures, and production skills to ensure accuracy and consistency of product are achieved to meet customer needs.
This position is responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Perform daily production and production related tasks with a high emphasis on safety and quality.
- Load, unload, and inspect product.
- Monitor and adjust machinery as required (conduct quality checks as outlined in process control plans and work instructions).
- Conduct assigned housekeeping, quality and maintenance tasks.
- Setup, start, observe, and operate conventional, special purpose and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers in accordance with the work instructions and all other standard work documentation, adjusting controls and control media as required.
- Become familiar with specifications, document control processes and/or work instructions to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence or operations and setup requirements, and verifies conformance of finished work piece.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machine.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs of process problems and breakdowns.
- Record physical production, inventory changes, and complete all process control and quality documentation as required.
- Recommend, support and implement plant continuous improvement projects and problem solving efforts; develop an understanding of St. Clair's vision to meet Business Plan objectives.
- Participates in plant teams.
- Flexible to work any shift assignment and overtime as needed. May at times be required to run multiple machines as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- High School Diploma or GED with two years of experience in manufacturing machining.
Physical Demands & Frequency Requirements:
- Continuous standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, reaching and manual manipulation of parts.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Manufacturing work environment with moderate exposure to unusual elements such as wet and/or humid conditions. May include transportation and handling of product waste.
- Vision must be corrected distance acuity 20/40 better eye; corrected near acuity 20/33 better eye.
- Hearing at a conversational level.
- Operates forklift and similar machinery and equipment.
- Required to wear protective safety glasses, hearing protection where required and safety shoes where required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.