Power the Possibilities
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building and developing cloud technology for the automotive retail industry
that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve.
Be Part of Something Bigger
Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customer, the auto dealer. It’s time you joined an evolving marketplace where research and development
investment is measured in the tens of billions. It’s time you were a part of something bigger.
We’re expanding our workforce – engineers, architects, developers and more – onboarding early adopters who can optimize, pivot and keep pace with ever-evolving development roadmaps and applications.
Join Our Team
Growth potential, flexibility and material impact on the success and quality of a next-gen, enterprise software product make CDK an excellent choice for those who thrive in challenging, fast-paced engineering environments.
The possibilities for impact are endless. We have exceptional opportunities to evolve our industry by driving change through new technology.
If you’re ready for high-impact, you’re ready for CDK.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer IV - Database to help transform database layer of critical product line. This role involves working with other architects, engineering managers and technical leads to modernize database layer for a SAAS enterprise product. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing product line with wealth of history and excellent opportunity to transform the tech stack. If you have experience and passionate about data, transactional databases and cloud, we would love to hear from you.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN SAN JOSE/PORTLAND
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Be part of a team of super-smart engineers building the next-gen database platform
- Design and develop highly available database architecture and data models
- Analyze use cases to optimize data model and data integrations for multiple products
- Assist with on-premise legacy solutions as needed, refactor legacy solutions into cloud-based solutions, and manage data migrations
- Proactively identify areas for optimization and troubleshoot application slowness and database performance issues to provide appropriate solution
- Work closely with application development teams to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are appropriately prioritized and scheduled.
- Improve service availability, performance, and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, including those for database standards, database backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and service levels
- Ensure that the platform meets business requirements and industry practices for data quality, security and privacy
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in relational databases preferably PostgreSQL, data modeling and schema design
- Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture and design experience in building large scale distributed systems/databases
- Hands-on experience in designing transactional databases, Cloud environments such as AWS, streaming data solutions like Kafka
- Strong ability to analyze and optimize complex SQL queries
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
- Experience with software development methodologies and programming languages such as Java, RESTful API
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies
- Experience in Shell/Perl/Python Scripting
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Perl (Programming Language)
Amazon Web Services