To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce is immediately adding a full-time VMware Administrator in support of our industry leading technology development client in Nashville, Tennessee (TN). Key Tasks:
- Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams
- Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customer's business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers businesses
- As trusted advisor, create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain knowledge of leading-edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge
- Actively contribute to the solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects
- Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers
- Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals
- Contribute to organizations profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development
- VMware Setup & Administration
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network and storage with familiarity with monitoring tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Systems administration expertise
- Administration experience with Windows, Linux, and UX
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Depth in VMware, Azure, or Exchange/O365 - Experience with administering one or more of these products; For example, you have setup multiple vSphere hosts managed via vCenter and can troubleshoot advanced features like vMotion, DRS, etc.; Or you understand cloud IaaS infrastructure; Or you have created Windows failover clusters and know where to look if the resources are not failing over transparently
- Hardware knowledge and general experience working with Dell, Cisco or client server class machines
- A strong plus will be breadth of experience (i.e.: you have done enough in networking, storage, backups, and documentation of procedures, best practices, and contribute to areas to be able to approach projects and troubleshooting tasks with proper perspective)