In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of the Company's external reporting, including ensuring the Company's financial statements, internal controls over financial reporting and related SEC filings are in compliance with the SEC's rules and regulations, U.S. GAAP and SOX 404. This is a newly created position. Preparation of quarterly, annual and current SEC filings, such as Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and Proxy Statement:
- Work with various personnel and departments to collect information and input into the above referenced reports
- Coordinate, review and collect comments on the various drafts
- Prepare support files
- Challenge the appropriateness of disclosures
- Complete all relevant disclosure checklists and reporting questionnaires.
- Maintain quarterly reporting time table and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones.
- Assist investor relations in the communication and coordination with outside investor activities.
- Monitor the development and applicability of new and proposed accounting and reporting rules issued by the SEC, US GAAP, PCAOB, or other regulations.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation of new accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with coordination of the annual audit and quarterly reviews by the external auditors.
- Assist with month-end close and financial statement review.
Years of relevant experience: 7+ years, including 2+ years of SEC reporting experience, with Public Accounting experience preferred.
Education required/preferred: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive technical accounting knowledge (SEC Reporting and US GAAP), with a deep sense of regulatory and compliance awareness and accountability.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Diligent, organized and pays attention to details.
- Self-starter who looks for process improvement and automation opportunities.
- XBRL tagging.
- Internal Controls
- Financial Statements
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounting Research
- Technical Accounting