Manager, Consumer Lending Credit Policy & Analytics
PenFed is hiring a Manager, Consumer Lending Credit Policy & Analytics in Tysons, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to partner with Consumer Lending lines of business and other corporate areas to develop and manage credit policies, provide risk monitoring/reporting and evaluate the effectiveness of established risk controls. This role will evaluate credit programs and peer groups to ensure that key performance indicators are identified, monitored and addressed, and recommend changes in credit policy and operations where needed. Additionally, this role will also support forecasting, development, implementation, documentation, and reporting of key credit risk metrics used for lines of business, legal entities, and geographic differences for management, and regulatory reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and manage Consumer Lending products account acquisition underwriting as well as account management credit policies, from approve/decline, line assignment and portfolio risk management.
- Define risk segmentation, loss expectations and risk premium to support Risk Adjusted Pricing.
- Perform credit risk monitoring and prepare management reporting on both acquired portfolio to analyze risk trend and identify root cause. To include, originations volume/quality, portfolio risk migration and performance, underwriting performance and exceptions. Ensure adequate level of loss provision and analyze actual vs. forecast variance by using portfolio risk monitoring.
- Conduct rigorous business line programs and monitor credit policy change to drive credit policy optimization, inform strategic decisions, enable better member experience and improve efficiencies.
- Develop statistical sampling and scoring methods to support judgmental decisioning review program.
- Develop and present strong, well-communicated analysis and business cases.
- Partner with various groups (Credit Risk Modeling, Business Lines, Compliance, Operations, Finance and Enterprise Risk Management) to identify areas of opportunity and spearhead initiatives in order to enable profitable growth, while minimizing credit risk exposure and adapting to changing economic and regulatory environment.
- Support ad-hoc analyses or projects as needed.
- Participate in external and internal audits, and regulatory examinations as needed.
- Identify and work with data stewards to understand data source, ensure data quality and retrieve data on a timely basis. Contribute to credit data mart and corporate database designs.
- Serve as mentor to other analysts by training and assisting in the development of skills.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and foster collaboration towards the attainment of corporate goals.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree in Business, Quantitative Discipline or equivalent, Finance or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in credit risk policy & analysis, credit risk management or modeling in financial services industry.
- Strong skills in various data analysis and visualization tools including SQL, Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Proficiency with statistical tools (SAS, R) and analysis is preferred.
- Previous Consumer Lending experience including Credit Card, Auto Loan and Unsecured Personal Loan.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of consumer lending related regulations to ensure compliance.
- Remain abreast of financial regulatory developments in credit risk management and best practices within the industry.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at Phone number blocked - click to apply.