Senior Process Engineer in Rensselaer, NY
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Process Engineer will provide process engineering and development support for new and existing manufacturing processes. Primary focus is to provide technical support for new products.
- Evaluate potential new products, develop PFDs, P&IDs, and establish chemical balance for each production step, access capital requirements.
- Provide process engineering for major capital projects, including specification of key equipment, development of detailed design with internal and external engineering resources, and analysis of material balance and cycle times.
- Develop and assist in execution of validation protocols required to maintain compliance with cGMPS.
- Process engineering support for R&D department efforts including: Pilot Plant trials and scale-up of new products; and general liaison between Engineering and R&D.
- Analyze chemical processes by statistical and cost analysis to prioritize improvement efforts.
- Team leadership of special projects involving single or multiple disciplines and organizations.
- Identify and evaluate new equipment/technologies that may have application at AMRI-Rensselaer.
- Assist in training and development of engineering staff and other AMRI-Rensselaer staff as required.
- Complete the Process and Process Safety Engineer Core Competency in the Learning Management System.
- Project engineering and management of capital projects as required.
- Travel to customer’s facilities to support sales/engineering presentations as required.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Participate in self-development activities and training of others.
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Protect employees and visitors by maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business or as requested by supervisor or management.
Education and/or Experience
BS in Chemical Engineering, science or related areas
Minimum of 5 years chemical process engineering experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Capital project experience desirable
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: Standard 8