Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Financial Data Analyst is responsible for the preparation, coordination, and documentation of financial analysis projects such as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Ability to independently meet and work closely with VPs, Directors and Executives in all aspects of financial data projects
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Establishing and evaluating profit plans
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts
- Providing financial models and forecasting
- Performs advanced business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining.
- Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues.
- Prepares forecasts and analysis of trends in finance, general business conditions, and other related areas.
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management.
- Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Will conduct special financial and business-related studies and cooperates with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- May assist in implementing or developing systems to capture business operation information.
- May oversee the work of less experienced analysts in the future.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates advanced excel skills, experience with emerging technology
- Self-starter, motivated to learn and grow in role
- Strong/Expert-level analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to review/challenge and improve existing processes
- Comfortable meeting and presenting information to Senior Management and Executives
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent time management and organizational ability, ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Willingness to work long hours, when necessary
- Financial analysis and analytics
- Financial forecasting
- Investment analysis
- Profitability analysis
- Trend analysis
- Financial analysis software
- Financial research and predictive analytics software
- Business intelligence
- Data mining
- Data visualization
- Information gathering
- Operations research
- Predictive analytics and modeling
- Statistical analysis
Industry and Work Experience:
- 4-7 years of experience in a Finance or Analytics role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business required.
- MBA, CFA, or CPA is a plus
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Forecast
- Working Capital
- Trend Analysis