To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Deerfield, MA 01373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Government Contract Specialist, 1st Shift
Pelican Products, Inc. • South Deerfield, MA
Posted 8 days ago
This position has primary responsibility for the review of government contracts and statements of work, identifying and analyzing business issues, advising company personnel, negotiating terms with customers and advising on compliance issues associated with the performance of federal contracts.
What You'll Do:
- Works closely with outside sales organization throughout the United States to lead efforts in the creation/submission of proposals, contract negotiations, and generation of formal written correspondence with clients.
- Reviews and evaluates customer RFP’s, contracts, as well as reconciling contract changes throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Works closely with business to track and fulfill ongoing GSA Schedule requirements, including preparing and submitting modifications, interfacing with government contracting officer, and preparing quarterly reports.
- Completes periodic internal review of basis of award customer orders to ensure compliance with GSA Schedules.
- Completes and updates company Representations and Certifications, as well as any other paperwork for state, local and federal governmental agency proposals and transactions.
- Manages GSA Schedule (81) renewals and audits as applicable.
- Identifies key provisions of government contracts and advise management of risks and deadlines for fulfilling obligations.
- Reviews government and commercial agreements, including statements of work, for terms and conditions affecting business issues, and assist in drafting appropriate revisions.
- Analyzes contract requirements to ensure compliance with corporate policies, business procedure, and government requirements, including FAR and CAS requirements, to extent applicable.
- Coordinates with company’s outside sales organization and operational departments to develop and monitor applicable subcontracting plans, including any necessary reporting.
- Coordinates with company’s legal department, sales personnel, and operational departments to identify, resolve, and implement contract compliance issues.
- Assists with the management of company’s standard agreement templates and contract change process.
- Provides support for contract negotiations with customers and employees.
- Involved with the analysis of incoming RFPs/RFIs for response requirements.
- Assists with the preparation of clearly written and concise responses to RFP/RFI questions.
- Assists with the review of proposal drafts to ensure that the response is complete, accurate, and compliant with RFPs/RFIs specifications.
- Responds to ad hoc information requests from internal departments, including, but not limited to, sales departments.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- A bachelor’s degree in related field, or commensurate training.
- At least 2 years of experience in government contract administration.
- Ability to draft and review a wide variety of commercial and government contracts together with any negotiated changes to such contracts.
- Ability to negotiate legal and commercial issues arising from contracts.
- Ability to draft contractual provisions.
- Must be familiar with and have experience directly supporting Federal Wage Determination based contracts.
- Strong administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, people-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of document formatting concepts, and experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to manage own workload and meet tight production deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Experience formatting, organizing, and writing/editing proposal content.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to travel nationally, as necessary.
- Flexible office/telecommute option.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.