$60000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a leading specialty insurance company seeking a Reinsurance Analyst to join the team! The Reinsurance Analyst plays a critical role within the reinsurance and accounting teams. The person in this position is responsible for supporting the data recording and analysis within the company’s reinsurance systems and loss development reporting. Strong collaboration and communication within the reinsurance, accounting and finance teams is essential to ensure all stakeholders are aware of developments within the reinsurance and loss reporting processes. This role will review the data within the system of records that support the Reinsurance process. It will also support the underlying reporting required for all reinsurance treaties and corporate tax work. This role assists in the documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls and will monitor compliance with internal controls. This position will also be involved in other accounting department related initiatives and projects as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Prepare accounting entries related to reinsurance, losses, inter-company transactions with US and international affiliates, and closing entries to finalize financial reporting to regulatory authorities, international parent company and internal management.
• Coordinate and prepare cession statements, and payable receivable balances by treaty participant for an updated view of the companies’ cash-flows and credit risk per active treaty.
• Support the generation of Schedule P (losses), Schedule F (reinsurance) and status of letters of credit for statutory reporting.
• Review and analyze corporate tax reporting workflows as they relate to filings and IFRS and Stat tax provision work.
• Monitor and prepare complex account reconciliations that evidence the control mechanisms within the reinsurance and loss processes.
• Proactively identify, research, and develop solutions for accounting issues, documenting applicable accounting guidance in memos, and providing on the job training to team members on accounting issues and end-to-end accounting processes.
• Demonstrate leadership in collaborating, coordinating, and driving quality processes related to financial reporting.
• Continue to build expertise and capabilities in insurance, GAAP, and IFRS Accounting bases through on the job training, and by attending training and development opportunities both inside and outside of work.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience, required
• 3 – 6 years of Reinsurance experience
• Advanced degree and/or CPA or CFA, or Insurance Certification (ARE), preferred
• Strong GAAP, Statutory, and IFRS accounting knowledge and on the job experience with recording complex ledger transactions, developing and/or reviewing complex reconciliations, and understanding end to end sub ledger functions across various transaction streams including cash, receivables, payables, premiums, reinsurance, investments, and losses
• Experience using BI data analysis tools, such as COGNOS Advance, Oracle Sequel, Power BI or similar programs
• Experience in establishing/documenting end-to-end business/accounting processes
• Detailed oriented, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task work
• Strong team orientation, collaborating with co-workers and clients to develop and implement solutions
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
• Agility and ability to work in ambiguous situations
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Reinsurance Analyst.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles