We have a career opportunity for a Junior to Mid Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our global mining team in Denver, CO. The selected candidate will provide geotechnical engineering services for mining and geotechnical projects, including design and construction of tailings storage facilities, heap leach pads and other mine infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate has a geotechnical mining background. We are also open to individuals with a civil land development background interested in transitioning into this field.
Skills / Qualifications
- Carry out analytical and design functions for projects at stages ranging from scoping to detailed engineering, construction and closure.
- Work approximately 80% in the office and 20% in the field. This can vary, depending on client needs.
- Develop and carry out geotechnical investigations, laboratory testing plans and instrumentation installation.
- Manage and direct site investigations and prepare technical reports.
- Manage and coordinate project teams, ensure the technical quality of deliverables.
- Provide geotechnical engineering services related to tailings, heap leach and mine waste facilities, including seepage, stability and settlement analysis.
- Provide Civil 3D design services for various mining projects.
- Provide construction quality assurance (CQA) services for mining projects.
- Be encouraged to become a senior contributing member of the Wood E&IS Inc. Mining Group, which is a global team of professionals responsible for the design, operating assistance and closure/reclamation planning of tailings, leach and mine waste facilities around the world.
- Will travel to project sites in the US and internationally. Approximately 20% overnight travel.
- BS in Civil or Geological Engineering. MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- EIT or the ability to obtain an EIT within 6 months.
- 3 years + of experience in the geotechnical / mining field is a plus.
- CQA field experience for earthworks and geomembrane installation on mining projects desired.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D advanced level is preferred.
- Experience in tailings dam and/or heap leach design and construction is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US and internationally. Approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Engineer In Training