Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
- Responsible for managing the water and drain market for North America and the products serving this developing market segment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Market research – collecting, organizing, and reporting on relevant and credible data.
- New product development – drive the initiative for including ideation, business case formation, pricing, product application, and product changes. Develop core teams to manage NPD products and identify specific timelines, milestones, and tasks to support those milestones and clearly and proactively report those statuses.
- Brainstorm potential improved strategies for addressing the business needs through marketing, manufacturing, engineering and logistics for the Enclosures BU.
- Cultivate leads in the market to increase sales of existing products.
- Establish relationships with companies providing complimentary and ancillary products to the water and drain market.
- Communicate with, align with, and support the marketing needs of the Regional Sales Managers.
- Interact with Engineering to modify parts, create new products, and manage project plans.
- Lead cross-functional teams to coordinate production/manufacturing scheduling, controlling costs, and product quality control.
- Communicate with application engineers and field sales to assure product needs are being met.
- Gather VOC (voice of the customer) data and information to support business decisions, initiatives, and product development; collaborate with other market managers to gain insight in collecting VOC and market trends.
- Develop a strong competitive analysis and SWOT, and update periodically.
- Assist customer service on product application, customer issues, and customer opportunities.
- Create product/market training presentations and deliver presentations to diverse groups.
- Develop collateral, rollout and launch plans for existing product lines.
- Develop sets of collateral materials in order to re-launch existing products or redesigned products.
- Use BOE reporting to create Pareto charts to show product trends and market trends by region and report findings to upper Management.
- Work with Customer Service and Marketing Specialists to effectively capture “no-quotes” in order to identify weak links in the product breadth
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Engineering, Marketing, or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in structural product design engineering and product management, with knowledge of composites, and practical applications.
- MBA a plus.
- 30-45% travel required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Customer Relationship Management