What you will do
- Assist with training and developing new and existing associates. Coach associates based on their identified opportunities per key performance metrics and business requirements.
- Perform quality assurance audits of associate work (and associate call monitors if applicable) to ensure requirements are met. Remain available and visible in the department to motivate, assist and answer associate questions and monitor productivity.
- Spend majority of work time on coaching activities (side by sides, account work audits, call listening, feedback sessions, associate monitors, etc.), and follow up on coached behaviors through daily touchpoints to ensure associate understanding and implementation of feedback.
- Resolve elevated customer and associate issues and escalate when appropriate.
- Generate reports to measure and monitor the success of the department as needed. Communicate associate and department performance to the Manager.
Improve customer experience and impact the company bottom line with every interaction
The Lead Representative in Customer Service needs to be a self-starter and someone who can connect with associates to teach and coach them to be better at their jobs. This person will have a strong understanding of the company policies and processes which enables them to positively influence our associates to provide exceptional service to the CarMax Auto Finance customer and educate customers on the status of their accounts and collect money from customers and perform other functions to help customers keep accounts current.
Qualifications and requirements
- High school diploma or GED; 6 months related experience coaching or delivering feedback.
- Basic computer knowledge, typing skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively motivate and train associates, evaluate performance and initiate change.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone in challenging situations.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.