Medline’s HR team has an exciting opportunity for a Plant Human Resources Manager based at our facility in Lithia Springs, GA. We are looking for an exceptional HR professional who thrives in an extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Under the direction of the HR Director and plant leadership, the Plant HR Manager implements and ensures quality human resources processes, systems, products and services to managers and employees in the serviced division. The primary focus of this job is on employee relations and policy/program development, administering HR programs in accordance with established policies and procedures including EEO and ADA compliance, training and employee development, safety and workers’ compensation administration. The Plant HR Manager ensures the operation is operating in accordance with federal, state, and local employment requirements, e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII, etc.
- Lead implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs locally; and assist and advise plant leadership and managers on Human Resources issues.
- Coach employees and managers on correct interpretation and administration of Company HR policy. Interact with and support line managers, supervisors, as well as hourly employees in production, warehouse and front office.
- Assess the internal employee climate, counsel with managers to identify and implement actions that improve or maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Represent the company, when needed, at unemployment hearings. Audit and maintain current work authorizations.
- Work with local managers to determine training needs. Compile data and analyze past and current year training requirements. Recommend and may deliver training programs to support employee and management development.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and follow-up to foster positive attitude toward company policies. Work with managers to develop proactive on-boarding plans that prepare employees to meet current and future business objectives.
- Ensure internal consistency and worth in administering job evaluations and compensation programs. Compose new and revised job profiles and recommend evaluations. Assist local managers with salary and wage administration to ensure pay consistency and equity.
- Assist managers with current issues with Worker’s Compensation policies and procedures. Take lead role in ensuring that employees are returned to work as soon as possible. Monitor any and all restricted duty assignments. Review each incident to determine if corrective action is required.
- HR Management responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day supervision of HR team members.
- May have limited budgetary responsibility and usually contributes to budgetary impact;
- Interpret and execute policies for HR departments/projects
- Provide general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning.
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years human resource generalist experience; in manufacturing or distribution facility preferred
- Experience applying knowledge of federal and state laws related to employment and labor
- Experience in reviewing and reconnecting on actions and with people to ensure the completion of the task
- Experience in controlling and coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities and critical deadlines
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
Human Resources Information System (Hris)