To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant General Manager
Transdev North America • Oakland, CA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for overall direction and management of the Operations Department, including dispatch, road supervision and scheduling. This role manages supervisory staff, including Road Supervisors, Contract Compliance Supervisor, Dispatch Supervisor and support personnel. Additionally the Assistant General Manager is responsible for the management of the safe and timely delivery of service by subcontractors, sub contractor contract compliance and the efficient scheduling of Paratransit trips. The Assistant General Manager will also attend and/or conduct meetings with funding entities (ie. AC Transit and BART), general public, and service providers.
- Assist the General Manager in overall day-to-day management of the East Bay Paratransit operations.
- Oversight of the daily operation in three primary areas: contractor compliance, customer service/outreach and management of the contract providers
- Manage all Operations Department activity including: budget oversight, trip distribution, adherence to the executed Memorandums of Understanding between agencies and service providers and any service issues raised.
- Develop and implement general policies, procedures and practices to be followed and adhered to by operations personnel in compliance with federal, state, local and company rules and regulations.
- Supervise operations staff and conduct performance evaluations.
- Prepare meaningful reports.
- Ensure full contractor compliance with service delivery through: oversight of field personnel, periodic and random checks of service provision in the field, reports review, meeting regularly with service providers both at contractor terminals and at Transdev offices for the purpose of reviewing complaint patterns, field observation reports and specific contract violations.
- Make recommendations for assessment of liquidated damages for substandard performance by contractors.
- Analyze provider routes and service demand to make appropriate adjustments to service delivery.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Logistics, Transportation or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in management of transportation operations.
- Labor relations experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Possess excellent organizational and communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience with computerized routing and scheduling software.
- Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
- Possess a good working knowledge of human resource activities such as hiring practices, Wage Order 9, employee labor, FMLA, CFRA, etc.
- Ability to work independently and achieving a high level of work product output with little, and at times, no direct supervision
- Ability to be creative, forward thinking, and display high-level leadership skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, act with initiative, and use good judgment.
- Ability to interpret and administer contracts.
- Ability to handle crisis situations well.
- Ability to take a leadership role in solving problems.
- Ability to objectively investigate reports concerning operator related problems.
Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% travel between properties and for meetings and outside training
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- 100% of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-9734
Position Category Management & Above
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 5840
Internal Code 3 Ind1