Our client is currently seeking a Regional Continuous Improvement Engineer in the Olympia, WA area.
• Effective use of change management tools and techniques to assure adoption and buy-in of all stakeholders to the processes and systems across the company.
• Educate others in support of spreading best practices across all appropriate plant locations.
• Responsible for specific the definition and implementation of procure-to-pay business processes (e.g. manufacturing, sourcing, planning, warehousing, transportation).
• Facilitate re-engineering business processes, modifications to organizational roles and responsibilities, and replacing legacy technologies as appropriate with an eye toward ensuring cost effective long and short term financial trade-offs.
• Drive business improvements by identifying the opportunities, defining business requirements, build the business case, and design the process and technology solutions to achieve business results.
• Functions as a core team member and subject matter expert in working sessions designed to cross-functionally improve business operations.
• Use LSS tools and techniques to frame up improvement efforts, advise leadership, motivate and engage employees and demonstrate measurable results.
• Develop metrics in conjunction with business leadership, perform gage R&R to evaluate and advise the quality of the metrics, create ongoing visibility and determine operational goals for performance improvements within agreed upon time frames and deliver results.
• Keep management informed on program objectives and progress and ensure communication through the use of standard tools and reporting rhythm including gaps, open items, status and critical upcoming decisions/events.
• Act as end-user advocate and ensure balanced decisions are made that consider return on investment, risk mitigation, data integrity, employee satisfaction, sustainability and total cost.
• Keeps abreast of advanced manufacturing systems and ergonomic methods.
• Related BA/BS (Engineering Preferred) required
• Must be open to 50% travel between Olympia, WA and Richmond, CA area
• Extensive experience in operational roles (5+ years) with people management and process and technology improvement methodologies
• Computer Skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Project
• Six-Sigma certification and project completion required
• Proven ability to create measurement systems and demonstrate quantifiable success
• Strong analytic and strategic problem solving ability
• Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization
• Able to work in a team atmosphere with little supervision and integrate into an existing team
• Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with varying degrees of alignment to a single strategy or desired outcome
• Demonstrated ability to think cross functionally within a multi departmental environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate to all departments
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Continuous Improvement Engineer - Regional