Chief Technology Architect - Maryville, TN
Chief Technology Architect
The Chief Technology Architect works as a strategic leader in providing architectural guidance over Clayton’s enterprise technology ecosystem including infrastructure, platforms, software solutions, and endpoints.
The Chief Technology Architect works as a uniting force by listening, shaping, and aggregating the knowledge of subject matter experts to establish and maintain a central, agreed upon architectural strategy, roadmap, and blueprint.
- Provides consultation and technical expertise on IT systems and process planning by assessing the implications of technology decisions on overall operating model and strategy.
- Develops architecture standards and provides technical oversight for systems and projects deployed across the enterprise while assisting the organization in achieving alignment to standards.
- Collaborates extensively with internal teams and vendors on architecture strategy and roadmaps. Works to ensure functional specifications are converted to flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs intended to fulfill business capabilities and outcomes.
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the architecture objectives are consistent with the organization’s long-term business objective.
- Participates in software engineering activities through the Analysis, Design, Development, Delivery and Support phases of the lifecycle, including deprecation.
- Working collaboratively in many different teams, manages the delivery of multiple objectives and projects in a matrixed organization.
- Responsible for executing architectural governance including facilitating key meetings, forums, and monitoring activities to ensure continued architecture alignment and progress across Tech Enterprise.
- Identifies and recommends areas appropriate for further study and oversees proof of concept efforts required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen adoption requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 15+ years of experience in IT; 5+ years in IT architecture.
- MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Relevant industry experience preferred.
- Proven experience with technology architecture design, tools, and principles.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills with the ability to champion emerging technologies to achieve desired results.
- General technology knowledge that spans broadly across IT constructs, including networking, systems, identity, storage, and operations.
- Previous experience working in a matrix management structure is helpful.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering knowledge experience. Knowledge of project management and various planning, analysis, design and engineering methodologies.
- Logical analysis and critical thinking skills; judgment and reasoning skills; Conflict resolution skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior consultation and problem-solving abilities; solid influencing and facilitation skills.
- Takes steps to gain new perspectives from internal and external sources.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site workout facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
You will find much more information about Clayton Homes by visiting our website at:
[ Link removed ]
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
JobCategory: Information Technology