Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Function as receptionist, projecting a proper image of SCI Acquisitions Corporation, answering the telephone and greeting visitors, directs to the appropriate party, takes messages and schedules meetings and interviews;
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls;
- Creates and develops visual presentations and performs desktop publishing;
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates confidential files including scanning. Retrieves information from files when needed;
- Assist with meeting set-up, calendaring, and travel arrangements as needed;
- Sorts and distributes mail. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information;
- Works collaboratively in a team environment;
- Other duties as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- High school diploma required, Associates degree or higher preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an Administrative Assistant;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and ability to toggle between multiple screens.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)
Attention To Detail