Choose your path. Silgan believes in promoting from within - Opportunity starts here.
- Manages moderately complex issues related to HR Functions in a union environment
- Administrate and process weekly Hourly Payroll per Corporate Guidelines (Kronos/Workday) and reconciles to the manning schedule
- Administration Attendance Control Program
- FMLA Administration
- Prepare and Process FMLA paperwork to Met-life
- Track FMLA
- Coordinates STD and LTD through Met-life and Team care
- Recruits for hourly positions using our Monster Applicant Tracking System, as well as internal job posting processes
- Work with a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of Silgan employees internally and externally, verbally and written.
- Safety Committee member, integral part of injury/illness management & interfaces with company doctors/clinics on treatment for any work-related injury/illness.
- Work closely at times with Regional Corporate HR Managers for support on more complex issues
- Completes new hire on-boarding documents
- Verifies attendance, leaves of absence, pay adjustments and documenting such into designated records
- Maintains employee personnel files and records ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Represents the company at unemployment hearings
- Updates plant job descriptions and compliance-related postings as required
- Facilitates and coordinates employee events
- Strong Computer Skills and Abilities/Microsoft Office, and has the ability to learn software as introduced
- Contract and grievance administration support
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources or Accounting in a manufacturing environment or Associates Degree in Human Resources or similar field of study preferred
3 to 5 years plant human resources experience in a Union environment preferred
Maintains confidentiality at all times
Able to prioritize work, complete accurately, and meet deadlines
Experience using Workday, JD Edwards Enterprise, and On Base software preferred
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Possess effective oral and written communication skills
Excellent time management skills
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
- Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
- Human Resources
- Microsoft Outlook
- State Laws
- Microsoft Power Point
- Applicant Tracking Systems