Crown is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. The Company’s primary products include steel and aluminum cans for food, beverage, household and other consumer products and a wide variety of metal and plastic caps, closures and dispensing systems. Crown Holdings’ manufacturing operations currently consist of 146 plants, are located in 36 countries and employ almost 24,000 people. Crown Holdings is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol CCK.
Crown Cork and Seal - Food Division - has an opening for a Shipping Supervisor. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers and being engaged in verifying and keeping records on outgoing shipments and preparing items for shipment. This position will also manage warehouse employee related functions, including, but not limited to staffing, performance management, individual and team development, and safety, while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Study Shipping notices and communicates with Sales and Production Control Department to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, shipping methods and trucks and trailers required to meet schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Oversee shipping and packaging activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment trucks.
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Post weight and shipping charges and prepare bills of lading.
- Inspect and accept materials received, filing claims for damaged materials and deliver to the Receiving Clerk.
- Supervises staff (employees) – keeping documentation on performance and enforces Company policies.
- Establishes SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for the department.
- Maintains computer-packaging files.
- Works overtime as needed and schedules staff to support the shipping of product to meet Customer Releases.
- Continually plans and provides input to new ideas for warehousing and product movement with focus on reducing costs.
- Direct local truck driver for efficient product movement between buildings.
- Coordinate staff to ensure that all packages are shipped. (UPS, DHL and LTL).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements *
- High School Degree/GED.
- Bachelor's Degree or possess a minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership role in a traffic environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess basic math skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow directions.
- Capable of operating forklifts and their attachments.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and good record keeping.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of external customer requirements, processes, and expectations.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility to adjust to sudden work patterns or schedules.
- Ability to work independently and with teams and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of investigations, problem solving, and corrective action implementation.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers whether face-to-face, verbal via telephone, or written communication via emails or formal correspondence.
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule as business needs dictate.
- Fully comply with all OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Must be committed to quality.
- Pass all Pre-Employment Testing.
Complex Problem Solving
Packaging And Labeling
Attention To Detail