Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join us and take part in the autonomous and connected car revolution at Valeo.
- The mission of Valeo’s Ultrasonic Systems Product Line is to be the World Leader for Ultrasonic and Automated Parking Systems within the automotive industry by developing innovative systems and providing situational awareness solutions using cutting edge technology.
- Our System Platform engineer is responsible for bridging the activities between Platform, projects and system team during design, development and performance of vehicle testing activities for driver assistant functions e.g. base park assist, automated parking, collision avoidance, blind spot detection etc. Furthermore, the individual is responsible for evaluating vehicle validation needs, analyzing test requirements along with highlighting deviations and risks for new projects to extended team.
- The individual should also support customer demonstrations, provide estimates for vehicle system work efforts, perform various vehicle active safety feature testing in the test track, generate test reports etc.
- Participate in applicable design reviews and packaging of Active Safety components such as Ultrasonic sensors and cameras.
- The individual should be directly involved with Platform team (HW, SW and Systems) to ensure optimal performance is attained during integration between sensors and vehicle.
- Assist in corrective or preventive action root cause analysis, implementation and verification. Should demonstrate high-level proficiency of System architecture (component interactions and data processing/motion planning), this is required to fully understand vehicle dynamics during collision mitigation or automated parking.
- Be part of configuration management process regularly. Set up demo environments for OEM VP vehicles and perform tuning and validation for production intend platforms. Support the team in validation efforts, provide support to project technical leads and participate in review meetings, maintain a good information bridge with System and software team, as well as with global platform/P2 teams. Furthermore, the individual is responsible for ensuring system performance is adequate as agreed with the project team and to customer specifications while creating and maintaining Valeo specific documents according to internal rules and guidelines.
- Management of system related tasks in coordination with Platform team and/or projects PTL
- Plan and organize trainings for existing team members and new comers
- Provide inputs in generation of configuration (calibration) sheet covering the demands for specific application data needed by the implemented functions
- Assist in analysis of incoming system requirements
- Support in Systems Test Specification ensuring the team has proper traceability from systems test cases to the unique systems requirements to ensure full test coverage of all the system interfaces and stakeholder requirements
- Review/Approve creation of new variants in configuration management tools
- Support vehicle integration with OEM teams to integrate active safety sensors including ultrasonic sensors and cameras
- Participate in design reviews, packaging study and environmental testing of ADAS sensor based systems
- Responsible for the overall System vehicle performance introduction locally along with Plat. Integrator
- Support testing and KPI collection/creation of the collision mitigation and automated park assist system
- Simulate vehicle motion and trajectory for automated parking manoeuvres
- Assist in creation and analysis of FOV of Ultrasonic sensors and cameras
- Ensuring the team is able to work with vehicle components and systems including Antilock Braking System (ABS), Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Review/Assist DVP&R planning and execution is in according to customer requirements
- Review/Assist in creation of test cases based on assigned requirements
- Participate in SFMEA reviews with support group to capture and reflect system changes of new generation of sensors.
- Responsible for correct use of vehicle specific parameters in several customer projects by the team
- Trace analysis regular use of CAN and LIN interface tools such, CANoe, CANalyzer
- Interface with teams domestic and abroad
Develop and support integration of test environments for new sensor generations
Innovation and development of alternative test solutions to existing applications
Travel requirements\: 10%
Physical requirements\: Ability to lift 30 lbs
Let's talk about you...
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer science, Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Advanced Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 year relevant experience in system design in multifunctional environment
- Knowledge in automotive development and application of active safety features is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills to understand new challenges and new technologies
- Confident, articulate, self-motivated, determined & energetic. Must be able to engage with customer and build strong relationship.
- Fluent with excel (Macros)
- Bench test experience
- Valid driver's license is required
- Experience in Vector CANoe an advantage.
- CAN communication protocol knowledge (CANoe, CANalyzer)
- Capl script knowledge
- Knowledge of DAS (Driving assistance)
- S/DFMEA knowledge
- Familiarity with ultrasonic systems and cameras will be considered a plus (object sensing technology)
- ASPICE, ISO26262 and Cyber Security training an advantage.
- Self-driven and motivated
Thanks to its strategy focused on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of the three revolutions which are disrupting the automotive sector\: electrification, autonomous and connected cars, and digital mobility. These are revolutions that Valeo has been able to anticipate and which today provide amazing career opportunities, including internationally! At Valeo, innovation is driven by the diversity, authenticity and energy of its talent. Are you looking for new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees across 33 countries! More information on Valeo \:[ Link removed ] [ Link removed ] m
- Automotive Industry
- Communications Protocols
- Computer Security