Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services (EPDS) is searching for a Senior Director of Business Development, APAC to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all Eurofins Drug Discovery Services and products business in China, Taiwan, South East Asia, Oceania and South America.
This position is responsible for managing a drug discovery products and services sales team consisting several business development professionals responsible for the entire Eurofins Pharma Discovery Services (EPDS) portfolios.
The candidate will have strong technical knowledge and experience selling products and services in Drug Discovery and Development; and experience managing distribution channels when necessary.
Experience managing sales teams and working within a global company.
Senior Director of Business Development, APAC responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Maintains an accurate bi-weekly sales forecast.
• Competency in using Salesforce.com (SFDC) as a CRM.
• Manage sales channels in multiple countries via distribution.
• Develop plans to position portfolio to appropriate customer segments, provide feedback on competitive landscape, analyze market opportunities and customer needs to define new opportunities and provide input to R&D regarding new product development and ancillary support service needs.
• Develops commission plans and an incentive based compensations structure.
• Supports field BDs on compensation, forecasts and expense plans.
• Technically competent and knowledgeable on all EPDS product and service portfolio.
• Maintains close interaction with sales organizations through training and active participation in the sales process, including customer visits, pricing tactics, and customer support.
• Participates in strategic road mapping and recommends new products and services to the business team as part of revenue growth tactics and strategies.
• Assists with large service contract acquisition and renewals.
• Works with clients, business development partners, and thought leaders as well as inside the organization cross functionally with sales, operations, and management to grow the business.
• Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required.
• Provide organizational, logistical and scientific marketing support for participation in global conferences and tradeshows.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Advanced degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline, Ph.D. and/or an MBA highly preferred
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to drive and achieve desired objectives.
• Ability to understand and translate customers' needs into future product development.
• Ability to leverage existing professional network in the drug and development field a huge plus.
• Self-starter who is a result and success oriented individual with the proven ability to develop and follow through on sales tasks and plans.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
• Highly self-motivated, friendly and able to specify solutions independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to have scientific communication in other Asian languages (Mandarin Chinese, Korean, etc.).
• Experience in successful management of local distributors in the territory.
• Manages up to 3-4 Account Managers and multiple distributor channels.
• Ability to identify and adapt to cultural differences and various business practices across multiple countries.
• Effectively manage business development professionals across cultures to meet/exceed revenue targets.
• Maintains an awareness of business and market related trends to provide feedback to senior management.
• Monitors competitive activities in current and targeted markets.
• Assists and coaches Account Managers to develop, support, and implement customer-specific action plans.
• Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Demonstrates solid leadership skills and ability to gain consensus and influence process.
• Ability to present using innovative techniques or styles and make effective/persuasive presentations on complex topics to public groups and/or individual decision makers.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• A minimum education of a M.S. in Pharmacology, Cell Biology or Biochemistry.
• Experience in selling discovery services and products to pharmaceutical and biotech companies is required.
• Five years of successful technical sales experience.
• Demonstrated drug discovery market knowledge in the respective Asia Pacific markets.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in both written and spoken English language.
• Ability to travel up to 50% as needed within Asia.
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
New Product Development