ECS is seeking a Strategic Communications Consultant to work in our Arlington, VA office.
ECS is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative Strategic Communications Consultant to join our team supporting the US Department of Homeland Security. This Strategic Communications Consultant will deliver client facing writing and consulting services to support the development and implementation of communications plans, templates, and content for organizations within Department of Homeland Security Headquarters (HQ). This office oversees project management support and business management services across multiple DHS programs, business lines, and component organizations. This includes diverse initiatives and the development, implementation, modification, and sustainment enterprise level applications and IT systems.
- Developing and maintaining communications plan for programs and projects
- Implementing communications campaigns
- Designing and managing outreach programs to improve adoption of changes and increase support
- Development of newsletters, memos, announcements, publications, reports and other written and verbal communications to ensure timely and accurate communication with all project/program stakeholders, contractors, project team and managements
- Content management for program, office, and divisional websites
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including presenting to senior executives, developing lasting relationships, delivering clear requests for information, and communicating potential conflicts
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building strong relationships with clients; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Creating, revising, and implementing communications material that delivers consistent key messages to target audiences through appropriate channels that are consistent with branding, messaging, and digital (social media) strategies
- As a team member, understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking and providing guidance, clarification and, feedback to less experienced staff.
- General consultant support to include project management tasks, meeting facilitation, and ad hoc duties as needed
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in systems analysis and design of information systems programs, and at least five (5) years of experience in information technology
- Experience coordinating communication activities across teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills and excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Experience facilitating meetings and capturing minutes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with senior level executives
- Ability to diagram and analyze current (as-is) state of a business operation, and to develop a future template (to-be) business process model
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects concurrently (e.g. prioritize work as needed, work with multiple teams and stakeholder groups, etc.)
- Editing, script writing, facilitation, media outreach, public relations, leadership coaching, strategic communications
- Experience supporting DHS or other federal agencies
- Experience as a Technical Writer, Communications Strategist, or Content Manager developing, editing, and promoting organizational content and communications standards.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Management
- Business Processes