What you will do
Responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of HVAC building automation and control systems and Iconics graphics support. Accountable to support technicians with quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops software programs, graphics, commissions and troubleshoots to ensure proper operations of the building control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, field installation team and subcontractors.
Location: Pentagon (military experience not required).
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment.
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid time off per calendar year.
How you will do it
- Designs and configures building control systems and Iconics graphics as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keeps management and contractors, or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
- Experience working with Iconics Gen 32 or Gen 64.
- Either a vocational school four-year program certificate, Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, or an Associate Degree in Electronics, Mechanical systems, Computer Technology, Air Conditioning, or equivalent experience.
- Three (3) or more years of industry experience in implementing HVAC Building Automation Systems applications to include programming, configuration, and visualization.
- Must be willing and able to complete JCI training course C-7201-EN Metasys System Engineering and C-10122-EN Custom Logic (Including Global Sequencer) @ CCT 10.1
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e., LON, BacNet, Modbus, etc).
- Demonstrated experience working with Metasys Direct Digital Control (DDC) system.
- Experience with programming and/or integration of HVAC Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
- Experience using SMP, SCT, and/or CCT.
- Industry experience creating SCT databases, custom programs, schedules, trends, alarms, and programming modules.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100 years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military installations worldwide. The JCFS team is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and military sites around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the systems and products we work with please check out our “take a journey” video on YouTube. (The video is approximately 7 minutes long.)
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
- Alarm Devices
- Building Automation
- Control Systems
- Customer Satisfaction
- Direct Digital Control