Manage all production, quality, supply chain and plant engineering/maintenance at the Amboy facility with overall responsibility for performance in safety, quality, production output, on time delivery, inventory management. GMP/HACCP, and cost control. Manage process improvement functions focusing on optimization and standardization of both new and existing manufacturing processes. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Ensure all site employees practice safe operating practices and promote a culture of safety awareness to minimize the number of plant injuries.
- Ensure we cost effectively delivery high quality products to our customer on time.
- Maintain and improve cGMP compliance at the facility to insure product accountability and traceability to satisfy FDA and Customer Regulations.
- Meet and exceed On-time-delivery targets.
- Ensure we work to close all complaints in 7 days with a maximum of 30 days for more complex issues.
- Drive on going optimization and cost saving initiatives. Identify and implement process improvements in the manufacturing areas.
- Develop and monitor annual operating expense budget and establish long-range plans for manufacturing and capacity requirements. Develop and execute annual capital budget and 5-year capital strategy.
- Responsible for facilities and production justified capital project submissions.
- Manage operations and maintenance to meet established cost standards while ensuring production plans are in place and executed to satisfy market demand and maintain economic safety stocks.
- Responsible for all health and safety programs and training that affect production and supervisory personnel at the facility.
- Abide by all applicable regulations to guide company through customer, environmental agency and health and safety audits.
- Maintain proper records for all federal, state and local government EHS requirements and permits.
- Oversee planning and production activities to maximize efficiency of manpower and machinery while satisfying the order and forecast requirements.
- Responsible for all facilities, utilities and equipment maintenance (both preventative and corrective), troubleshooting and acquisition of parts from vendors.
- Participate in Operational Long Range Strategic Planning to insure the organization meets profitability targets while maintaining excellent customer service levels.
- Provide management with the necessary analysis and reports on a monthly basis.
- Conducts annual performance reviews of leadership team.
- May perform other functions as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education required. Engineering degree or master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10 years of experience in operations management required.
- Comprehensive EHS knowledge and experience, ideally within hazardous environments.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A successful track record in improving productivity, cost control, quality and service. Experience in Lean 6 Sigma is a plus.
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Execution/Results Driven
- Develops Self & Others
- Customer Focus
- Know Your Business
- Entrepreneurial (Creativity/Leading Change/Innovation)
- Quality & Safety Focus
- Planning & Priority Setting
ABOUT SENSIENT FLAVORS AND FRAGRANCES:
Work is in a professional office and manufacturing plant environment.
- Periodical exposure to laboratory conditions.
- Requires some travel and periods of intense mental concentration.
Sensient Flavors & Fragrances Group develops, manufactures and distributes flavor and fragrance systems that are found in thousands of consumer products worldwide. The company's specialty systems are essential components of food, beverage, household and personal care products. Sensient's value-added flavors and fragrances enable our customers to excel in highly competitive global markets. The Flavors & Fragrances Group is located in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. ABOUT SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION:
Sensient Technologies Corporation is a leading global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors, and fragrances. Sensient employs advanced technologies at facilities around the world to develop specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The Company's customers include major international manufacturers representing most of the world's best-known brands. Sensient is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Process Improvements (Business)