Location: Heritage Healthcare SVC, Inc
Address: 460 St. Michaels Dr, Ste 605, Santa Fe, NM 87505 USA
Employment Type: Various Options Available
Shift: Various Shifts Available
The individual provides home management and companionship for our clients. Position may involve driving to multiple locations in a single day. Hours for this position are not guaranteed and may fluctuate from week to week.
Follow current, written plan of care as established by supervisor and /or care coordination. Services covered may include but are not limited to
- Individualized bowel and bladder service providing diaper changes, bowel and bladder programs.
- Support service assist with shopping, errands, laundry and exercise programs.
- Hygiene/grooming provide bathing, dressing, grooming, and oral (mouth) care.
- Minor Maintenance of Assistive Devices Provide routine maintenance of assistive devices and Durable Medical Equipment.
- Mobility assist with ambulation, transfer, and toileting.
- Eating Assist with eating or drinking. Plans and prepares meals for client only. Self-administered medication prompting and reminding to take medication only.
- Skin Care provide routine and preventative care.
- Cognitive assistance prompting or cueing to perform various activities of daily living.
- Household services cleaning of personal living area.
- Transportation if required on Individual Plan of care.
- Participate in Service Planning meetings as directed.
- Encourage patient/client to help themselves insofar as possible.
- Upon hire, must complete timely and accurate documentation of 40 hours of INITIAL continuing in-service education their first year.
- Completes Timely and accurate Personal Care documentation including time card.
- Completes and provides documentation of 12 hours of continuing in-service education each year.
- Experience as a homemaker or personal care attendant through a home care agency, hospital, nursing facility or rehabilitation center Or experience in managing a home or family Or Education and/or training in medical field with demonstrated ability to perform the duties of a Homemaker/Companion.
- Current CPR and first aid certification
- A current health certificate meeting all state requirements (TB Skin Test or Chest x-ray)
- Ability to successfully pass written homemaker competency tests with 86% or greater accuracy and written general competency tests with 85% or greater accuracy.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Caregiver | Services@Home | Santa Fe