PRECONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER - Remote
As one of the nation’s largest specialty contractors focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us special or unique. For more than 65 years, Cupertino Electric has built the infrastructure that allows forward-looking companies to realize their vision. We deliver commercial, energy and data center projects fast and without compromise. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation and Safety are reflected in how we treat one other, interact with customers and approach problems. In addition to building great projects, we believe in building great communities as evidenced by our generous giving and volunteer programs.
As a Preconstruction Project Manager (PPM), you will be the lead project manager during the preconstruction phase of projects. It will be your responsibility to manage RFP’s, Estimates, design, BIM, procurement, budget, deliverables, and client relations until the project is turned over to the project management team.
- Project Budgeting
- Providing conceptual budgeting and tools to BD to facilitate accurate and efficient qualifying of projects.
- Coordinating the Estimating effort on bids including front end document review.
- Organizing and lead bid reviews.
- Perform Estimating as needed to meet deadlines
- Vendor and Subcontractor Management
- Assisting BD with legal and risk management on all contracts.
- Reviewing and implementing the technical strategy for proposals with BD and Sales Operations.
- Client correspondence
- Project interviews to represent budget approach and Precon management
- Budget Management
- Identify cost impacts throughout preconstruction phase and submit change orders
- Provide VE and various client requested pricing exercises
- Manage financials of engineering and BIM
- Populate billing SOV
- Establish project JDE budget from estimate
- Establish project EVM
- Preconstruction Management
- Act as project manager during the preconstruction phase of projects. This can include the following responsibilities:
- Attend project meetings and have client (GC) interfacing
- Coordinate with engineering, precon, and BIM
- Manage material releases
- Identify and price change orders
- Manage construction budget
- Team Management
- Delegate tasks to supporting team members
- Train and mentor team members
- Review deliverables for accuracy
- Lead estimate reviews
- Miscellaneous Project Management Tasks
- There are few limitations for what tasks you can take on as a PPM. You will be required to own various a-typical deliverables that arise during preconstruction.
- Additional responsibilities as needed to support the projects or objectives of the department
- Five or more years of experience as a project manager for an electrical contractor
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, or Engineering is a plus
- Proficiency in estimating and understanding of project budgeting
- Proficiency in accubid, plangrid, excel, and bluebeam
- Experience in management of design-build projects
- Verifiable experience of safe, reliable, and integrity-driven work habits, including working in an unsupervised field setting when appropriate
- A balance of technical knowledge and communications skills
- Ability to manage and train others
- Ability to build relationships with clients and communicate confidently in project interviews
- Construction Management
- Financial Management