$50000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
Robert Half Finance is looking for a talented, accurate Staff Accountant to fill a full-time position within an innovative company. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will also be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. Also, you will take part in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the Houston, Texas area, at a company where effort is rewarded.
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- In-depth experience with reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate and analyze a variety of financial data, then report it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Manage depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- 1+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Proficiency in Monthly Financial Statements
- Bank reconciliations experience required
- Solid understanding of journal entries
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant.