Opportunities with American Health Network, part of Optum. When you join American Health Network (AHN), you become part of a team that strives to identify and retain the top healthcare professionals in the markets it serves. At American Health Network, we want to be the best health care organization we can be. Our mission is to improve the health of our patients. We’re a physician-led organization, operating over 70 medical offices in Indiana and Ohio, with over 300 providers and 1200 employees. We’re also part of Optum, in the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, and backed by the resources of a global health care organization working to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. That’s an important differentiator as more people need our help simplifying the complexities of the American health care system. At the same time, the culture of AHN supports work-life flexibility for employees and places a high value on their physical, emotional, financial and other aspects of well-being. Find out what it means to be part of an exceptional company that values its employees, its role in health care, and making a difference one patient at a time. Take a look at American Health Network and explore a new path to your life’s best work.(sm)
RN Clinical Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting the Practice Health and Safety Program as a field assessor, remediation coordinator, and subject matter expert on clinical compliance and regulatory standards. This position will assess American Health Network practices to ensure compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and that policies and procedures are being followed.
If you are located in Indiana, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges, 60% local travel to practice locations within IN and OH is required.
- Conducts Practice Health & Safety Assessments
- Ensures complete and accurate documentation of assessments and corrective action plans
- Coordinates with practice staff on remediation activities surrounding identified opportunities for improvement, from initiation through completion
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance related to patient safety, regulatory compliance, accreditation standards, and evidence-based practice
- Assists in developing and delivering training, education, and targeted support to practice staff as applicable
- Identifies support opportunities surrounding practice health and safety, clinical compliance, and quality improvement
- Conducts due diligence assessments at prospective practice sites as directed
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of federal and state regulations, standards, and guidelines
- Serves as a primary point of contact for practice staff in Practice, Health and Safety matters
- Supports other functions of PHS and performs other related duties as assigned
- Requires up to 60% travel to visit AHN practice locations in Indiana and Ohio
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Valid and unrestricted RN License in your state of residence
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare operations
- Willing or ability to travel up to 60% of the time to practice locations in Indiana and Ohio
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or healthcare related discipline
- Experience as a practice health and safety leader within a clinical setting
- Experience conducting health and safety surveys
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Optum is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, Optum provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of Optum. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. Optum’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Clinical Works
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Evidence Based Practice
- Microsoft Excel