Associate Manufacturing Technician - Biotech (Pleasanton, CA)
We are proud to offer an exciting temp. opportunity to work at a large, well-known Biotech company in Pleasanton, CA.
Must have a Science Degree or related Biotech Industry experience!
Full Time, Temporary Assignment for 1 year (can possibly extend longer)
Current Shifts available:
Day shift – Pay Rate: $19/hour
Swing shift – Pay Rate: $20.90/hour
- Monday – Friday, 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm
- Assist in maintaining and updating all SOPs, quality records, equipment maintenance, tests, analyses, and other relevant data.
- Adapt, implement and train on current and new lab functions/procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Conduct maintenance and organization of reagents, materials, and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive Lab procedures and business data.
- Ensure that safe laboratory procedures and protocols are followed at all times, especially in the application of the universal precautions of handling chemical products.
- Communicate effectively with members of the group, as well as those in other departments. Work as a cooperative member of a production team, and assist in all aspects of receiving and quality control testing.
- Develop skills to help in other aspects of the department.
- Must be able to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. Will be expected to maintain work schedules as assigned All laboratory personnel are expected to notify their immediate supervisor of any unsafe conditions and/or practices and to take appropriate corrective action. This position will have daily contact with other laboratory personnel.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Frequently work at lab benches and PC workstations.
- Job requires occasional lifting of objects, including laboratory instrumentation of 35 pounds. Must be competent in Microsoft Windows and Office, with the ability to learn company software such as SAP.
- Experience with SAP, Agile, Trackwise are preferred.
- Experience in maintaining confidentiality of laboratory data and procedures
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as ability to work in detail-oriented manner.
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to follow and carry out oral and written directions
- Ability to read, understand and implement written laboratory procedures
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- BA/BS degree in Science is strongly preferred with no experience required.
- Minimum GED/HS Diploma required with 2 years of related Biotech Industry experience.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.