To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Jordan, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Quality Assurance Manager
OSI Group • West Jordan, UT
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for establishing, implementing, and maintaining the measurements and systems to assure that raw material supply and finished products meet or exceed OSI standards, customer standards, regulatory expectations, and industry standards.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HACCP, SSOP, EV, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs to assure safe food handling practices, quality products, and regulatory compliance.
- Leads and represents plant’s Quality Assurance and Food Safety Department in absence of QA & Food Safety Manager.
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers, and report all quality deviations to the QA & Food Safety Manager and appropriate staff.
- Provide necessary documentation to assure that established standards of quality and food safety are met.
- Responsible for staffing of and continuous improvement of the QA & Food Safety Department - Manage, train, coach, lead, and supervise all plant QA & Food Safety staff.
- Communicate with purchasing and /or raw material suppliers, on product quality deviations and supplier audit information.
- Investigate all product complaints and document and recommend corrective action.
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function.
- Assist in the maintenance of a complete stock recovery program acting as the Plant’s Alternate Crisis Coordinator.
- Oversee in-house QA Laboratory and assist in working relationships with third party laboratories.
- Act as primary plant liaison to USDA personnel in the absence of QA & Food Safety Manager.
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third party audits.
- Direct reports include: 1st and 2nd shift QA Supervisors.
- Assist in updating and preparing new specifications for raw materials, packaging and finished products.
- Assists in managing current and new raw material supplier approval and monitoring program. Works with suppliers to coach, train, and maintain quality and food safety standards through open communication.
- Support the OSI Corporate Quality Assurance Department in managing emerging quality and food safety risks.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology and systems for tracking, maintaining, and/or enhancing quality and safety of food products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of SPC, HACCP, SSOP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance, and Food Microbiology.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in the food industry, preferably in meat or meat processing and managing a QA Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Meat Science, Biology, or related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of time required
- English language skills (reading and writing) required