Position: Windows Systems Engineer w/Linux
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Pay: $60 - 65/hr + DOE
Duration: Contract to Hire
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation for operational tasks.
• Provide day-to-day operational support of our IT infrastructure environment.
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge on a wide range of Enterprise applications and systems to include Active Directory, IIS, SQL, Office 365 administration, email security.
• Follow security best practices that will assist in maintaining a stable and highly secure IT environment. • Work directly and effectively with other teams in troubleshooting problems and finding solutions.
• Utilize ticketing system ticket queue to address all server and application issues in a timely manner, recording solutions, and escalating tickets as required.
• Manage complex problems through to a successful conclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience in the IT industry, or a Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
• Hands-on experience operating AWS-based applications (2-3 years preferred)
• Experience designing, architecting, provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on VMWare/VCenter environment
• Strong knowledge and work experience Microsoft Azure preferred
• Strong knowledge and experience with installation, administration, troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems and Linux (Red Hat, Suse)
• Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
• Excellent documentation and communication skills, a proactive and detail-oriented approach, a strong team-oriented attitude, and the ability to establish work priorities are required.
• Passion for the craft with a demonstrated ability to learn and understand the technology both at a high level and at a detailed level.
Additional Qualifications: (not required)
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and remediation using security tools like Tenable Security Center.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Server (Computer Science)
Installations (Computer Systems)
Amazon Web Services